Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 15 October 2011
2010 Tesco Finest* Muscadet Sur Lie, Chateau Palatic
Sea-breezy on the nose, this is a typical Atlantic dry white whose lees-induced spritz adds a crisp, appley tang to the fruit, making it the perfect affordable dry white for shellfish. £5.99, Tesco
2006 Rioja Reserva Dos Maderas, Beronia
Beronia uses French and American oak to bring spicy undertones of vanilla to the dark fruit concentration of this fine reserva rioja with its infusion of gamey notes. £12.49, buy 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2008 Kumeu River Coddington Chardonnay, Auckland
Michael Brajkovich MW creates not just wonderful flavours but a burgundian-style complexity enhanced by a lively freshness. £19.92, Tanners (tanners-wines.co.uk; 01743 234500)
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 3 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 4 The most powerful passports in the world
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...