Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 15 October 2011
2010 Tesco Finest* Muscadet Sur Lie, Chateau Palatic
Sea-breezy on the nose, this is a typical Atlantic dry white whose lees-induced spritz adds a crisp, appley tang to the fruit, making it the perfect affordable dry white for shellfish. £5.99, Tesco
2006 Rioja Reserva Dos Maderas, Beronia
Beronia uses French and American oak to bring spicy undertones of vanilla to the dark fruit concentration of this fine reserva rioja with its infusion of gamey notes. £12.49, buy 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2008 Kumeu River Coddington Chardonnay, Auckland
Michael Brajkovich MW creates not just wonderful flavours but a burgundian-style complexity enhanced by a lively freshness. £19.92, Tanners (tanners-wines.co.uk; 01743 234500)
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...