Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 15 October 2011
2010 Tesco Finest* Muscadet Sur Lie, Chateau Palatic
Sea-breezy on the nose, this is a typical Atlantic dry white whose lees-induced spritz adds a crisp, appley tang to the fruit, making it the perfect affordable dry white for shellfish. £5.99, Tesco
2006 Rioja Reserva Dos Maderas, Beronia
Beronia uses French and American oak to bring spicy undertones of vanilla to the dark fruit concentration of this fine reserva rioja with its infusion of gamey notes. £12.49, buy 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2008 Kumeu River Coddington Chardonnay, Auckland
Michael Brajkovich MW creates not just wonderful flavours but a burgundian-style complexity enhanced by a lively freshness. £19.92, Tanners (tanners-wines.co.uk; 01743 234500)
Life & Style blogs
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
David Sedaris: What I learnt from Fitbit about the world around me
Reader dilemma: My wife only wants to have sex when she's drunk
Three quarters of the Ikea catalogue is CGI
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...