Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 15 October 2011
2010 Tesco Finest* Muscadet Sur Lie, Chateau Palatic
Sea-breezy on the nose, this is a typical Atlantic dry white whose lees-induced spritz adds a crisp, appley tang to the fruit, making it the perfect affordable dry white for shellfish. £5.99, Tesco
2006 Rioja Reserva Dos Maderas, Beronia
Beronia uses French and American oak to bring spicy undertones of vanilla to the dark fruit concentration of this fine reserva rioja with its infusion of gamey notes. £12.49, buy 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2008 Kumeu River Coddington Chardonnay, Auckland
Michael Brajkovich MW creates not just wonderful flavours but a burgundian-style complexity enhanced by a lively freshness. £19.92, Tanners (tanners-wines.co.uk; 01743 234500)
Life & Style blogs
Pioneering 3D printing used to rebuild British man's face
25 years of the World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee explains how it all began
Tomnod: How to join the virtual search party scanning satellite imagery for missing flight MH370
The Web is 25: Let's look at some baby photos of your favourite websites
iOS 7.1: How to get iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Michael Schumacher 'experience' gives F1 legend chance to 'show his character', says Lewis Hamilton
- 3 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 4 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Exc...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...