Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 22 October 2011
2008 Tesco Finest* Douro
Sweetly aromatic, this rich, ripe blend of Port's Touriga Nacional and Tinta Roriz has a chocolatey smoothness of spicy-black fruitiness offset by a damsony twist. £5 when you buy two, until 1 November, or £7.29, Tesco
2010 Val de Pedron Monastrell, Alicante
Made from the monastrell, aka mourvèdre, grape, this bright southern Spanish tinto oozes black fruit flavours etched with peppery undertones and a robust backbone of fine tannins. £7.99, bottle/case (of 6), M&S
2009 Silex Rouge Côtes du Rhône Villages, Massif d'Uchaux Brugalière/Viguier
Behind the smoky scents of this impressive Southern Rhône blend lies tarry spice and peppery fruit that's delicately textured. £12.45, Berry Bros & Rudd (0800 2802440)
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...