Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 22 October 2011
2008 Tesco Finest* Douro
Sweetly aromatic, this rich, ripe blend of Port's Touriga Nacional and Tinta Roriz has a chocolatey smoothness of spicy-black fruitiness offset by a damsony twist. £5 when you buy two, until 1 November, or £7.29, Tesco
2010 Val de Pedron Monastrell, Alicante
Made from the monastrell, aka mourvèdre, grape, this bright southern Spanish tinto oozes black fruit flavours etched with peppery undertones and a robust backbone of fine tannins. £7.99, bottle/case (of 6), M&S
2009 Silex Rouge Côtes du Rhône Villages, Massif d'Uchaux Brugalière/Viguier
Behind the smoky scents of this impressive Southern Rhône blend lies tarry spice and peppery fruit that's delicately textured. £12.45, Berry Bros & Rudd (0800 2802440)
Life & Style blogs
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
From criminal to catwalk: Convict Jeremy Meeks wins modelling contract in the most unusual fashion scouting – behind bars
Prostate cancer could actually be five different diseases, say scientists
NHS treatments such as vasectomies and hip operations to be rationed because of cost-cutting
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 Model's video shoot on the beach interrupted by sudden landing of a group of illegal migrants
- 3 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 4 MH370: Boeing 777 wing that could match missing plane found on the French island of Reunion
- 5 'Killer robots' with AI must be banned, urge Stephen Hawking, Noam Chomsky and thousands of others in open letter
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...