Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 22 October 2011
2008 Tesco Finest* Douro
Sweetly aromatic, this rich, ripe blend of Port's Touriga Nacional and Tinta Roriz has a chocolatey smoothness of spicy-black fruitiness offset by a damsony twist. £5 when you buy two, until 1 November, or £7.29, Tesco
2010 Val de Pedron Monastrell, Alicante
Made from the monastrell, aka mourvèdre, grape, this bright southern Spanish tinto oozes black fruit flavours etched with peppery undertones and a robust backbone of fine tannins. £7.99, bottle/case (of 6), M&S
2009 Silex Rouge Côtes du Rhône Villages, Massif d'Uchaux Brugalière/Viguier
Behind the smoky scents of this impressive Southern Rhône blend lies tarry spice and peppery fruit that's delicately textured. £12.45, Berry Bros & Rudd (0800 2802440)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...