Wine: Something For The Weekend?
2004 Peter Lehmann Barossa Valley Riesling; 004 The Storm Sangiovese Merlot; 2004 Crozes Hermitage, Alain Graillot
Saturday 28 January 2006
This screwcapped aromatic dry white is one of the best value rieslings around, combining the typical lemon and lime aromas of the grape variety with a crisp, zesty fruit richness and the distinctive "petrolly" character of good Riesling.
Under a Tenner: 2004 The Storm Sangiovese Merlot £8.99 /£5.99 each for 3, Wine Rack, £7.99, Somerfield
A fascinating Cape blend of the chianti grape - with its sour cherry aromas and savoury sweetness - and merlot, which enriches and softens the texture to make a juicy, medium-bodied pasta basher of the first order.
Splash Out: 2004 Crozes Hermitage, Alain Graillot £13.50, Yapp Bros (01747 860 423/www.yapp.co.uk)
Graillot sets the benchmark both for Crozes and reasonable pricing; after the torrid 2003 vintage, this beauty has the iodiney aromas of northern Rhône with a sumptuous palate laden with tarry fruit.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...