Wine: Something For The Weekend?
2004 Peter Lehmann Barossa Valley Riesling; 004 The Storm Sangiovese Merlot; 2004 Crozes Hermitage, Alain Graillot
Saturday 28 January 2006
This screwcapped aromatic dry white is one of the best value rieslings around, combining the typical lemon and lime aromas of the grape variety with a crisp, zesty fruit richness and the distinctive "petrolly" character of good Riesling.
Under a Tenner: 2004 The Storm Sangiovese Merlot £8.99 /£5.99 each for 3, Wine Rack, £7.99, Somerfield
A fascinating Cape blend of the chianti grape - with its sour cherry aromas and savoury sweetness - and merlot, which enriches and softens the texture to make a juicy, medium-bodied pasta basher of the first order.
Splash Out: 2004 Crozes Hermitage, Alain Graillot £13.50, Yapp Bros (01747 860 423/www.yapp.co.uk)
Graillot sets the benchmark both for Crozes and reasonable pricing; after the torrid 2003 vintage, this beauty has the iodiney aromas of northern Rhône with a sumptuous palate laden with tarry fruit.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber reach almost £154,000 on eBay
- 3 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 4 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...