Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 06 May 2006
A £1 cut until 21 May adds even more appeal to the spicy, organic, southern-French blend of carignan, grenache, syrah and mourvèdre. £4.99, Waitrose
Under a tenner: 2004 Tesco Finest Denman Semillon
Hunter Semillon is said to be the finest in New South Wales. This distinctive dry citrusy white from McGuigan Simeon's Hunter Valley Denman Vineyards backs up the claim. £7.99, Tesco
Splash out: 2001 Cain Concept
Atop Spring Mountain in Napa Valley, Cain makes some of Napa's finest and most exciting Bordeaux-style blends, among them this superbly crafted red. £22.99, Justerini & Brooks, London SW1 (020-7484 6400)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...