Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 06 May 2006
A £1 cut until 21 May adds even more appeal to the spicy, organic, southern-French blend of carignan, grenache, syrah and mourvèdre. £4.99, Waitrose
Under a tenner: 2004 Tesco Finest Denman Semillon
Hunter Semillon is said to be the finest in New South Wales. This distinctive dry citrusy white from McGuigan Simeon's Hunter Valley Denman Vineyards backs up the claim. £7.99, Tesco
Splash out: 2001 Cain Concept
Atop Spring Mountain in Napa Valley, Cain makes some of Napa's finest and most exciting Bordeaux-style blends, among them this superbly crafted red. £22.99, Justerini & Brooks, London SW1 (020-7484 6400)
Life & Style blogs
The high-powered dream team trying to create a stiletto shoe as comfy as a trainer
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
Apple MacBook review: preposterously thin and extravagantly attractive, this is the best-designed laptop Apple has ever made
UK skin cancer statistics 'shocking' as sun-worshippers ignore the dangers of exposure
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 3 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
iJobs Food & Drink
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£28 - 45k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Accountant is needed to take control of the ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hotel in Chadderton is a p...