Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 06 May 2006
A £1 cut until 21 May adds even more appeal to the spicy, organic, southern-French blend of carignan, grenache, syrah and mourvèdre. £4.99, Waitrose
Under a tenner: 2004 Tesco Finest Denman Semillon
Hunter Semillon is said to be the finest in New South Wales. This distinctive dry citrusy white from McGuigan Simeon's Hunter Valley Denman Vineyards backs up the claim. £7.99, Tesco
Splash out: 2001 Cain Concept
Atop Spring Mountain in Napa Valley, Cain makes some of Napa's finest and most exciting Bordeaux-style blends, among them this superbly crafted red. £22.99, Justerini & Brooks, London SW1 (020-7484 6400)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...