Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 06 May 2006
A £1 cut until 21 May adds even more appeal to the spicy, organic, southern-French blend of carignan, grenache, syrah and mourvèdre. £4.99, Waitrose
Under a tenner: 2004 Tesco Finest Denman Semillon
Hunter Semillon is said to be the finest in New South Wales. This distinctive dry citrusy white from McGuigan Simeon's Hunter Valley Denman Vineyards backs up the claim. £7.99, Tesco
Splash out: 2001 Cain Concept
Atop Spring Mountain in Napa Valley, Cain makes some of Napa's finest and most exciting Bordeaux-style blends, among them this superbly crafted red. £22.99, Justerini & Brooks, London SW1 (020-7484 6400)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced Hotel Receptionists...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...