Wine: Something for the weekend?
2005 El Dueño Chardonnay; 2004 Salomon Pfaffenberg Riesling; 2004 Meyer Fonné Tokay Pinot Gris
Saturday 27 May 2006
Under a fiver: 2005 El Dueño Chardonnay
This high-altitude dry white from Bodegas Esmeralda in Argentina displays smoky oak, along with the typical buttery texture of ripe chardonnay. £4.99, Marks & Spencer
Under a tenner: 2004 Salomon Pfaffenberg Riesling
The Vinolok glass stopper is a talking point, as is the wine itself, an aromatic, zesty Austrian dry white whose minerally fruit is just the ticket with firm white fish. £9.99, Oddbins
Splash out: 2004 Meyer Fonné Tokay Pinot Gris
Alsace doesn't always get the credit it deserves, which is a shame when it produces wines of this quality. Perfect with Thai and Chinese food. £13.99, or buy 3 for £9.33, Wine Rack, selected Threshers
Life & Style blogs
WWE 2K15 gameplay trailer: First look at Sting, Triple H and Daniel Bryan in next-gen graphics
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
First day of Autumn: Google Doodle celebrates 2014 Autumn equinox
What does human meat taste like?
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
iJobs Food & Drink
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...