Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 05 November 2011
2010 Espartero Joven, Rioja
Juicy, vivid aromas with the cherryish-red fruitiness of the tempranillo grape and a clean savoury finish, there's no oak on this Spanish tinto, just pure, quaffable freshness made for washing down tapas. £5.28, Asda
2010 Roussanne Vermentino Abondance, Domaine de la Bastide
A scented blend of the Rhône and the Med, this stylish Languedoc white is rich in peachy flavours with a creamy texture, tempered by vermentino's lively zing. £9.95, Lea & Sandeman shops (020-7244 0522)
2009 Vin de Corse Sartène, Domaine Saparale
This is a blend of the Corsican grapes nielluccio and sciacarello, whose vivid raspberryish fruit gives it a pinot noir-like seductiveness. £12.95, Yapp Bros, Mere (01747 860423)
Life & Style blogs
Plus London's buy-to-let hotspots and a new property portal
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
The ten best home phones
Facial hair: Cat beards and the purrrsuit of excellence
Microsoft's Xbox One: Have the price (£399) and release date (30 November) been leaked by online retailer Zavvi?
Xbox One vs PlayStation 4: Why Microsoft's console name game just doesn't add up
The 10 Best salt and pepper sets
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.