Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 05 November 2011
2010 Espartero Joven, Rioja
Juicy, vivid aromas with the cherryish-red fruitiness of the tempranillo grape and a clean savoury finish, there's no oak on this Spanish tinto, just pure, quaffable freshness made for washing down tapas. £5.28, Asda
2010 Roussanne Vermentino Abondance, Domaine de la Bastide
A scented blend of the Rhône and the Med, this stylish Languedoc white is rich in peachy flavours with a creamy texture, tempered by vermentino's lively zing. £9.95, Lea & Sandeman shops (020-7244 0522)
2009 Vin de Corse Sartène, Domaine Saparale
This is a blend of the Corsican grapes nielluccio and sciacarello, whose vivid raspberryish fruit gives it a pinot noir-like seductiveness. £12.95, Yapp Bros, Mere (01747 860423)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...