Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 05 November 2011
2010 Espartero Joven, Rioja
Juicy, vivid aromas with the cherryish-red fruitiness of the tempranillo grape and a clean savoury finish, there's no oak on this Spanish tinto, just pure, quaffable freshness made for washing down tapas. £5.28, Asda
2010 Roussanne Vermentino Abondance, Domaine de la Bastide
A scented blend of the Rhône and the Med, this stylish Languedoc white is rich in peachy flavours with a creamy texture, tempered by vermentino's lively zing. £9.95, Lea & Sandeman shops (020-7244 0522)
2009 Vin de Corse Sartène, Domaine Saparale
This is a blend of the Corsican grapes nielluccio and sciacarello, whose vivid raspberryish fruit gives it a pinot noir-like seductiveness. £12.95, Yapp Bros, Mere (01747 860423)
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Blueprint Map: Can you guess the name of the city from its outline?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 'Isis' schoolgirls: Missing British teenager tweets picture of her Syrian takeaway
iJobs Food & Drink
£15310 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£24000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Situated in the heart of Bradfo...
£18750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Hotel in Chadderton is a popular ch...
£Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing and Co...