Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 12 November 2011
2010 Mauregard, Bordeaux
Château Lafite it may not be, but this gluggy claret is as good as it gets at under £6; a modern style with the ripe blackcurrant fruit, spicy veneer and zesty freshness of the excellent 2010 vintage. £5.99, Marks & Spencer
2008 Plantagenet Samson's Range Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon, Western Australia
This traditional Aussie blend of shiraz and cabernet sauvignon is full of blackberryish sweet fruitiness tinged with spice and dark chocolate. £6.99, down from £8.99, Waitrose
2009 Delas Saint-Joseph, Les Challeys
A pure, peppery northern Rhône syrah whose spicy and vibrant red-berry fruitiness may still be in its first flush of youth, but the elegant St Joseph freshness makes it game, set and match red right now. Sainsbury's, £14.99
Life & Style blogs
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
Reader dilemma: My wife only wants to have sex when she's drunk
Three quarters of the Ikea catalogue is CGI
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...