Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 12 November 2011
2010 Mauregard, Bordeaux
Château Lafite it may not be, but this gluggy claret is as good as it gets at under £6; a modern style with the ripe blackcurrant fruit, spicy veneer and zesty freshness of the excellent 2010 vintage. £5.99, Marks & Spencer
2008 Plantagenet Samson's Range Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon, Western Australia
This traditional Aussie blend of shiraz and cabernet sauvignon is full of blackberryish sweet fruitiness tinged with spice and dark chocolate. £6.99, down from £8.99, Waitrose
2009 Delas Saint-Joseph, Les Challeys
A pure, peppery northern Rhône syrah whose spicy and vibrant red-berry fruitiness may still be in its first flush of youth, but the elegant St Joseph freshness makes it game, set and match red right now. Sainsbury's, £14.99
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
The distress of some Zayn Malik fans is real, and they need support, say experts
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
Gay marriage, one year on: Couples mark first anniversary of same-sex marriages
- 1 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 The Gaza fisherman who built his own reef - and was shot dead there by an Israeli gunboat
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...