Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 12 November 2011
2010 Mauregard, Bordeaux
Château Lafite it may not be, but this gluggy claret is as good as it gets at under £6; a modern style with the ripe blackcurrant fruit, spicy veneer and zesty freshness of the excellent 2010 vintage. £5.99, Marks & Spencer
2008 Plantagenet Samson's Range Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon, Western Australia
This traditional Aussie blend of shiraz and cabernet sauvignon is full of blackberryish sweet fruitiness tinged with spice and dark chocolate. £6.99, down from £8.99, Waitrose
2009 Delas Saint-Joseph, Les Challeys
A pure, peppery northern Rhône syrah whose spicy and vibrant red-berry fruitiness may still be in its first flush of youth, but the elegant St Joseph freshness makes it game, set and match red right now. Sainsbury's, £14.99
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...