Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 26 November 2011
2009 Nerello Mascalese, Sicily
From the volcanic slopes of Mount Etna in Sicily, the nerello mascalese grape hints at the red berry-fruit quality of pinot noir, yet brings a strawberryish succulence that's entirely its own. £5.99, Marks & Spencer
2011 Craggy Range Avery Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
Scents of grapefruit and passionfruit lead to a glassful of grapefruit freshness, which can vie with Sancerre for quality. £9.99, down from £12.99, until 6 December, Waitrose
2006 Bodegas Roda Rioja Reserva
Ultra-modern rioja from the brilliant Roda stable whose silky quality of tempranillo is textured with light toasty oak and intensely mulberryish fruit that sets great rioja apart from the common-or-garden. £24.99, Sainsbury's Fine Wine
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...