Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 10 December 2011
2010 Pasico Old Vine Monastrell Shiraz, Jumilla
There's a blackcurranty fragrance to this youthful southern Spanish blend from Jumilla, which is full of opulent black fruitiness with a spicy, savoury aftertaste. Great party fare. £5.99, Sainsbury's
2008 Château d'Anglès Classique Rouge
Spicily aromatic, this seductive Languedoc red from Eric Fabre at La Clape is an elegant, spicy blend of syrah, grenache and mourvèdre with delightful red-fruits flavours. £9.99, down from £11.99, Wine Rack.
2010 Bourgogne Chardonnay Kimmeridgian
The crisp flinty aromas and steely green apple dry fruitiness suggest Chablis – a stylish northern Burgundian dry white from Domaine Brocard. £10.49/6 bottle case, marksandspencer.com
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Regin: Newly uncovered malicious software snooping since 2008 'was developed by a nation state'
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
Kim Kardashian recreates iconic Jean-Paul Goude naked 'Champagne Incident' photo
Henri de Toulouse Lautrec: Google celebrates 150th anniversary of French artist with Doodle
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...