Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 10 December 2011
2010 Pasico Old Vine Monastrell Shiraz, Jumilla
There's a blackcurranty fragrance to this youthful southern Spanish blend from Jumilla, which is full of opulent black fruitiness with a spicy, savoury aftertaste. Great party fare. £5.99, Sainsbury's
2008 Château d'Anglès Classique Rouge
Spicily aromatic, this seductive Languedoc red from Eric Fabre at La Clape is an elegant, spicy blend of syrah, grenache and mourvèdre with delightful red-fruits flavours. £9.99, down from £11.99, Wine Rack.
2010 Bourgogne Chardonnay Kimmeridgian
The crisp flinty aromas and steely green apple dry fruitiness suggest Chablis – a stylish northern Burgundian dry white from Domaine Brocard. £10.49/6 bottle case, marksandspencer.com
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
The Silicon Valley awards which treat scientists like rockstars
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Life & Style blogs
The 50 Best Christmas Gifts for Women
Foodini: the £835 machine that 'prints' food in your kitchen
Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
In pictures: Christmas in London through the ages
Pirate Bay sets sail for Ascension Island after SX domain name seized by authorities
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K & Uncapped Commission & Benefits: Flight Cent...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...