Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 17 December 2011
2010 Crux Gisborne Chardonnay
Fresh and aromatic with melony undertones and a touch of honey on the aftertaste – a sort of mini-Mâcon in New Zealand with extra maritime zing. £4.99, down from £9.99, Morrisons, until 1 January
2002 Château Grivière, Médoc, Cru Bourgeois
At its peak now with a vanilla and juicy blackcurrant quality tinged with liquorice spicy undertones and finishing mellow and dry. Traditional mature claret, none the worse for it. £11.99 or buy 2 = £8, Majestic
2010 Catena Chardonnay, Mendoza, Argentina
Rich buttered fudge flavours cut by fresh acidity, an intense Andean chardonnay with a restrained, nutty element and judiciously handled oak. Fresher, drier and fruitier than the oaky style of yore. £11.99, Waitrose
Life & Style blogs
Nine out of ten male prostate cancer sufferers could be treated after 'game-changing' study
Meditation is touted as a cure for mental instability but can it actually be bad for you?
Anorexic actress Rachael Farrokh told by hospitals she is too skinny to treat
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 JK Rowling horrified by Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis's raunchy photoshoot
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 4 Georgia Army veteran arrested for breaking window to save dog has charges dropped
- 5 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...