Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 17 December 2011
2010 Crux Gisborne Chardonnay
Fresh and aromatic with melony undertones and a touch of honey on the aftertaste – a sort of mini-Mâcon in New Zealand with extra maritime zing. £4.99, down from £9.99, Morrisons, until 1 January
2002 Château Grivière, Médoc, Cru Bourgeois
At its peak now with a vanilla and juicy blackcurrant quality tinged with liquorice spicy undertones and finishing mellow and dry. Traditional mature claret, none the worse for it. £11.99 or buy 2 = £8, Majestic
2010 Catena Chardonnay, Mendoza, Argentina
Rich buttered fudge flavours cut by fresh acidity, an intense Andean chardonnay with a restrained, nutty element and judiciously handled oak. Fresher, drier and fruitier than the oaky style of yore. £11.99, Waitrose
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...