Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 17 December 2011
2010 Crux Gisborne Chardonnay
Fresh and aromatic with melony undertones and a touch of honey on the aftertaste – a sort of mini-Mâcon in New Zealand with extra maritime zing. £4.99, down from £9.99, Morrisons, until 1 January
2002 Château Grivière, Médoc, Cru Bourgeois
At its peak now with a vanilla and juicy blackcurrant quality tinged with liquorice spicy undertones and finishing mellow and dry. Traditional mature claret, none the worse for it. £11.99 or buy 2 = £8, Majestic
2010 Catena Chardonnay, Mendoza, Argentina
Rich buttered fudge flavours cut by fresh acidity, an intense Andean chardonnay with a restrained, nutty element and judiciously handled oak. Fresher, drier and fruitier than the oaky style of yore. £11.99, Waitrose
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...