Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 17 December 2011
2010 Crux Gisborne Chardonnay
Fresh and aromatic with melony undertones and a touch of honey on the aftertaste – a sort of mini-Mâcon in New Zealand with extra maritime zing. £4.99, down from £9.99, Morrisons, until 1 January
2002 Château Grivière, Médoc, Cru Bourgeois
At its peak now with a vanilla and juicy blackcurrant quality tinged with liquorice spicy undertones and finishing mellow and dry. Traditional mature claret, none the worse for it. £11.99 or buy 2 = £8, Majestic
2010 Catena Chardonnay, Mendoza, Argentina
Rich buttered fudge flavours cut by fresh acidity, an intense Andean chardonnay with a restrained, nutty element and judiciously handled oak. Fresher, drier and fruitier than the oaky style of yore. £11.99, Waitrose
Life & Style blogs
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Facebook, Instagram websites down — Lizard Squad hint at involvement, but Facebook claims it broke itself
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
Nike Back to the Future style self-lacing shoes 'will arrive in 2015'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...