Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 24 December 2011
2009 Côtes du Rhône 'Les Vignes Rousses', Jean-Luc Colombo
Vivid and peppery, this bright southern Rhône blend displays an intense damson fruit quality with a lively suppleness of texture that's immensely satisfying. £7.99, buy 2 = £5.99, Majestic
2010 Tenuta Luisa, Friulano del Friuli
An intriguing north-east Italian dry white made from the Friulano grape that's bone dry, full-bodied and nutty – and just made for fish and chicken. £9.99, down from £12.99, Waitrose, until 3 January
2007 Château Romanin Les Baux de Provence, L'Etoile de Romanin
Spice-scented, juicy and supple Provence red whose vivid dark berry fruit and plum flavours are infused with pepper, olive and herbs. A great match for turkey or game. £13.99, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...