Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 24 December 2011
2009 Côtes du Rhône 'Les Vignes Rousses', Jean-Luc Colombo
Vivid and peppery, this bright southern Rhône blend displays an intense damson fruit quality with a lively suppleness of texture that's immensely satisfying. £7.99, buy 2 = £5.99, Majestic
2010 Tenuta Luisa, Friulano del Friuli
An intriguing north-east Italian dry white made from the Friulano grape that's bone dry, full-bodied and nutty – and just made for fish and chicken. £9.99, down from £12.99, Waitrose, until 3 January
2007 Château Romanin Les Baux de Provence, L'Etoile de Romanin
Spice-scented, juicy and supple Provence red whose vivid dark berry fruit and plum flavours are infused with pepper, olive and herbs. A great match for turkey or game. £13.99, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...
£15000 - £19200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Processing Partner is require...
£34000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist travel agent ba...