Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 24 December 2011
2009 Côtes du Rhône 'Les Vignes Rousses', Jean-Luc Colombo
Vivid and peppery, this bright southern Rhône blend displays an intense damson fruit quality with a lively suppleness of texture that's immensely satisfying. £7.99, buy 2 = £5.99, Majestic
2010 Tenuta Luisa, Friulano del Friuli
An intriguing north-east Italian dry white made from the Friulano grape that's bone dry, full-bodied and nutty – and just made for fish and chicken. £9.99, down from £12.99, Waitrose, until 3 January
2007 Château Romanin Les Baux de Provence, L'Etoile de Romanin
Spice-scented, juicy and supple Provence red whose vivid dark berry fruit and plum flavours are infused with pepper, olive and herbs. A great match for turkey or game. £13.99, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...