Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 07 January 2012
2011 Waitrose Sauvignon Blanc, Viña Valdivieso, Aconcagua Valley, Chile
Backed by a crisp new vintage aroma, this refreshing Chilean halfway house between New Zealand and sancerre is passionfruity and etched with a zesty, grapefruity quality. £5.75, down from £7.69, Waitrose
2010 Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Old Vine Grenache
This is a big, spicy McLaren Vale grenache whose raspberry and cherry opulence is rounded out by a touch of subtle oak, retaining the texture to wash down wintry game pie. £9.99, Sainsbury's
2009 Earth's End Pinot Noir, Central Otago, New Zealand
A Mount Edward production, showing raspberry aromas with an undertow of fruitiness, oak and silky tannins, yet without the overwhelming power of many a Kiwi pinot noir. £15.99, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...