Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 14 January 2012
2010 Castillo La Paz Tempranillo/Syrah, La Mancha, Spain
This is a fragrant and juicy strawberryish tempranillo-based Spain-meets-France blend with appealing undertones of vanilla spice. Delicious. £5.19, cut from £6.99, until 24 January, Waitrose
2007 Morrisons The Best Lussac Saint Emilion
There's an appealing touch of spicy oak on the nose of this well-made, Merlot-based claret from JF Carille in Bordeaux, with an attractive concentration of plum and cherry, spice-tinged fruit. £9.99, Morrisons
2009 Rully 1er Cru La Pucelle
This is excellent white Burgundy from the virgin soils of the Côte Chalonnaise, a full-bodied chardonnay whose opulent fruit concentration finishes with a nutty flourish in a fresh, bone-dry framework of fruit. £15.99, M&S
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...