Wine: Something For The Weekend
Saturday 21 January 2012
2010 Les Nivières, Saumur, Loire, France
Vivid and refreshingly herbal, this is a typical cabernet franc whose blackcurrant fruit juiciness is rounded out by a light touch of oak. A thoroughly drinkable young Loire Valley red. £5.99, reduced from £7.99, Waitrose
2010 Tabalí Reserva Especial Chardonnay, Limarí Valley
Cool climate Chilean chardonnay with ripe fruit quality, a pineappley edge and a dry finish. Imagine a white Burgundy, only in slightly more opulent vein. £12.49, buy 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2007 Clairault Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Western Australia
A complex, Bordeaux-style, blending cedary oak and cassis-like fruit with a silky texture, spicey flavours and the delicately minty elements that go with the Margaret River territory. £24, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...