Wine: Something For The Weekend
Saturday 21 January 2012
2010 Les Nivières, Saumur, Loire, France
Vivid and refreshingly herbal, this is a typical cabernet franc whose blackcurrant fruit juiciness is rounded out by a light touch of oak. A thoroughly drinkable young Loire Valley red. £5.99, reduced from £7.99, Waitrose
2010 Tabalí Reserva Especial Chardonnay, Limarí Valley
Cool climate Chilean chardonnay with ripe fruit quality, a pineappley edge and a dry finish. Imagine a white Burgundy, only in slightly more opulent vein. £12.49, buy 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2007 Clairault Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Western Australia
A complex, Bordeaux-style, blending cedary oak and cassis-like fruit with a silky texture, spicey flavours and the delicately minty elements that go with the Margaret River territory. £24, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Livr: A social network only for drunk people
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
International Women's Day 2014: Google compiles celebratory video to mark the day
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
- 5 Livr: A social network only for drunk people
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...