Wine: Something For The Weekend
Saturday 21 January 2012
2010 Les Nivières, Saumur, Loire, France
Vivid and refreshingly herbal, this is a typical cabernet franc whose blackcurrant fruit juiciness is rounded out by a light touch of oak. A thoroughly drinkable young Loire Valley red. £5.99, reduced from £7.99, Waitrose
2010 Tabalí Reserva Especial Chardonnay, Limarí Valley
Cool climate Chilean chardonnay with ripe fruit quality, a pineappley edge and a dry finish. Imagine a white Burgundy, only in slightly more opulent vein. £12.49, buy 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2007 Clairault Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Western Australia
A complex, Bordeaux-style, blending cedary oak and cassis-like fruit with a silky texture, spicey flavours and the delicately minty elements that go with the Margaret River territory. £24, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
Xbox Live down: gaming service breaks itself, but hackers claim credit
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...