Wine: Something For The Weekend
Saturday 21 January 2012
2010 Les Nivières, Saumur, Loire, France
Vivid and refreshingly herbal, this is a typical cabernet franc whose blackcurrant fruit juiciness is rounded out by a light touch of oak. A thoroughly drinkable young Loire Valley red. £5.99, reduced from £7.99, Waitrose
2010 Tabalí Reserva Especial Chardonnay, Limarí Valley
Cool climate Chilean chardonnay with ripe fruit quality, a pineappley edge and a dry finish. Imagine a white Burgundy, only in slightly more opulent vein. £12.49, buy 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2007 Clairault Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Western Australia
A complex, Bordeaux-style, blending cedary oak and cassis-like fruit with a silky texture, spicey flavours and the delicately minty elements that go with the Margaret River territory. £24, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 3 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...