Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 04 February 2012
2010 Saint Michel Blanc Perlé, Gaillac
A distinctive South-West blend of loin de l'oeil, muscadelle and mauzac, this dry white comes with a refreshing spritz (hence perlé) and a dry, citrus-crisp tang. Made for crab and scallops. £7.99, buy 2 = £6.99, Majestic
2009 Tamaya Reserva Syrah, Limarí Valley
Bright and aromatic in Crozes-Hermitage vein, a veneer of nutmeg and cinnamon spiciness coats the blackberry fruit of this north coastal Chilean syrah. Around £9.99, Avery's of Bristol, Spirited Wines, Harvey Nichols
2006 Terre di Priori Brunello di Montalcino
There are complex secondary characters to the sweet-and-sour cherryish sangiovese fruit, while smooth tannins make this a satisfying red at a relatively reasonable price for Brunello. £18.99, tesco.com
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
iJobs Food & Drink
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...
£23000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Project Accountant (Part-...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...