Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 11 February 2012
2009 Baglio Rosso Nero d'Avola
From Sicily's red signature grape, the black-hearted nero d'avola, this shows a bright, spicily aromatic quality, and an attractively juicy, dark-berry opulence, tinged with peppery spice in a framework of juicy black fruit flavours. £7.99, Marks & Spencer
2009 Crasto Douro Red, Quinta do Crasto
Wonderfully aromatic and fresh Douro blend of the major Port varieties with succulent and deliciously exuberant dark-cherry and damson-plum fruit quality and a fine balancing freshness. £9.99 or buy 2 Portuguese wines £8.49, Majestic
2008 Barone Ricasoli Rocca Guicciarda Riserva Chianti Classico
A well-crafted modern chianti classico blend of mainly sangiovese with a satiny sheen of spice and berry aromas and voluptuously soft-centred black cherry, nicely polished by oak, with a lively bite of savoury acidity. £16.99, Sainsbury's
Life & Style blogs
'I am a paedophile': Is our approach to sex offenders helping to create more victims?
Scientists discover 'stroke protection gene' – that also guards against heart attack and migraine
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Parenting gay teens: the book that all parents need to read
Regin: US and UK intelligence services could be responsible for snooping spyware
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 4 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Investigo: A growing group of top end restaurants l...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...