Wine: Something For The Weekend
Saturday 18 February 2012
2009 Codorníu Vintage Rosado Cava
There's a refreshing strawberryish pizzazz to this Spanish fizz made from native Catalonian grapes and a dash of pinot noir, whose dry finish makes it a fun weekend party fizz. Currently down from £13.99 to £6.99, Tesco
2007 Barbaresco Umberto Fiore
Floral, cherry and plum fruit aromatics, attractively juicy sweet and sour cherryish nebbiolo with the typical grip and lean fresh acidity of the variety. Not so typical is its relatively moderate price. £11.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 David Reynaud Crozes Hermitage
Stylish Northern Rhône syrah showing classic aromas of violets and pepper, succulently textured blackberry infused with allspice. £18.99, Noel Young Wines (01223 844744), Carruthers & Kent (0191 213 1818)
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...