Wine: Something For The Weekend
Saturday 18 February 2012
2009 Codorníu Vintage Rosado Cava
There's a refreshing strawberryish pizzazz to this Spanish fizz made from native Catalonian grapes and a dash of pinot noir, whose dry finish makes it a fun weekend party fizz. Currently down from £13.99 to £6.99, Tesco
2007 Barbaresco Umberto Fiore
Floral, cherry and plum fruit aromatics, attractively juicy sweet and sour cherryish nebbiolo with the typical grip and lean fresh acidity of the variety. Not so typical is its relatively moderate price. £11.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 David Reynaud Crozes Hermitage
Stylish Northern Rhône syrah showing classic aromas of violets and pepper, succulently textured blackberry infused with allspice. £18.99, Noel Young Wines (01223 844744), Carruthers & Kent (0191 213 1818)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...