Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 03 March 2012
Lindauer Rosé, NV, New Zealand
It's a superior classy pink fizz from New Zealand, whose yeasty aromas and raspberry ripple-style mousse display a complexity akin to that of champagne. On special offer at £7.99 until 12 March, Majestic, £11.99 thereafter
2009 Aglianico, Terredora, IGT Campania
Scented with dark berry fruits tinged with spice and etched with a bramble fruit freshness, if robust on the aftertaste, this is a fruity and fresh 'Barolo of the South'. £12.95, Jeroboams/ Laytons shops
2007 Mas d'Auzières , Sympathy Pour Les Stones, Coteaux du Languedoc
This devil of a southern French syrah is smoky, spicy and full of blackberry fruit. £12.78-£15, OW Loeb, The Good Wine Shop, Hangingditch, The Wine Tasting Shop
Life & Style blogs
Office plants computer chips under workers’ skin instead of ID cards
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...