Wine: Something for the Weekend
Saturday 10 March 2012
2011 Tierra y Hombre Sauvignon Blanc
Fresh off the wine presses, this aromatic Loire-style Chilean dry white from Viña Indomita is full of elderflower, capsicum and gooseberry flavours with a dry aftertaste. £6.99, down from £7.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 Bourgogne Blanc, Jean-Marc Pillot
A chance to grab a delicious dry white Burgundy from the new intake at an affordable price, this complex and nutty chardonnay finishes with fresh acidity. £14.99, buy 2 = £13.99, Majestic
2009 Domaine Huguenot Gevrey-Chambertin Les Crais
A rich Burgundy in which loganberry and cherry flavours flourish in a framework of toasty oak and sappy freshness. £31.75, Lea & Sandeman (020-7244 0522)
Life & Style blogs
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about the iconic structure
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
Gold Apple Watch buyers can skip queues
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The ‘anti-ball crushing’ trousers are so popular they've sold out online
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Dylan Moran on quitting smoking, being about as sexy as the Pope and why comedy panel programmes are 'c*ck shows'
- 5 Modern society encapsulated in five seconds
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...