Wine: Something for the Weekend
Saturday 10 March 2012
2011 Tierra y Hombre Sauvignon Blanc
Fresh off the wine presses, this aromatic Loire-style Chilean dry white from Viña Indomita is full of elderflower, capsicum and gooseberry flavours with a dry aftertaste. £6.99, down from £7.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 Bourgogne Blanc, Jean-Marc Pillot
A chance to grab a delicious dry white Burgundy from the new intake at an affordable price, this complex and nutty chardonnay finishes with fresh acidity. £14.99, buy 2 = £13.99, Majestic
2009 Domaine Huguenot Gevrey-Chambertin Les Crais
A rich Burgundy in which loganberry and cherry flavours flourish in a framework of toasty oak and sappy freshness. £31.75, Lea & Sandeman (020-7244 0522)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Vagina canoe artist defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...