Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 17 March 2012
2010 Pizarras de Otero, Bierzo
The new Spanish wave is exciting for wines from hitherto obscure grapes such as mencia which here infuses this inky red from Bierzo with blackberryish fruit and damson-fresh bite. £8.74, buy 2 = £6.99, Majestic
2009 Marks & Spencer, Hunter Valley Shiraz
From Tyrrell's of Hunter Valley renown, this is Aussie shiraz in restrained mode, with its berry aromas and cherry fruitiness whose spiciness is enhanced by succulent freshness. £9.99, Marks & Spencer
2009 Domaine Chanson Meursault
Classy meursault with fresh, leesy aromas preceding concentrated chardonnay fruit whose underlying mealy, nutty characters end in a dry aftertaste and lemony, mineral bite. £24.99, Sainsbury's
Life & Style blogs
Can Microsoft boost flagging sales of the Xbox One console with its new game Titanfall?
25 years of the World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee explains how it all began
Tomnod: How to join the virtual search party scanning satellite imagery for missing flight MH370
Tim Berners-Lee on creating the web: 'I never expected all these cats'
iOS 7.1: How to get iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
- 1 Arrest made after man is found by the side of the road with his penis cut off
- 2 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 3 Tim Berners-Lee on creating the web: 'I never expected all these cats'
- 4 Malaysia flight MH370: Pitbull song lyrics bear uncanny resemblance to missing plane mystery, according to YouTubers
- 5 First Kiss viral video was just a clothing advert starring actors
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Exc...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...