Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 17 March 2012
2010 Pizarras de Otero, Bierzo
The new Spanish wave is exciting for wines from hitherto obscure grapes such as mencia which here infuses this inky red from Bierzo with blackberryish fruit and damson-fresh bite. £8.74, buy 2 = £6.99, Majestic
2009 Marks & Spencer, Hunter Valley Shiraz
From Tyrrell's of Hunter Valley renown, this is Aussie shiraz in restrained mode, with its berry aromas and cherry fruitiness whose spiciness is enhanced by succulent freshness. £9.99, Marks & Spencer
2009 Domaine Chanson Meursault
Classy meursault with fresh, leesy aromas preceding concentrated chardonnay fruit whose underlying mealy, nutty characters end in a dry aftertaste and lemony, mineral bite. £24.99, Sainsbury's
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Condom couture: Latex dresses hit the catwalk to raise awareness for HIV and Aids
- 1 Man tweets about bad service, gets kicked off plane, told to delete tweet before re-boarding
- 2 Crash victims in car flattened by shipping container emerge with just minor injuries
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Exclusive: David Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun become involved in Twitter row over Israel-Gaza conflict
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...