Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 17 March 2012
2010 Pizarras de Otero, Bierzo
The new Spanish wave is exciting for wines from hitherto obscure grapes such as mencia which here infuses this inky red from Bierzo with blackberryish fruit and damson-fresh bite. £8.74, buy 2 = £6.99, Majestic
2009 Marks & Spencer, Hunter Valley Shiraz
From Tyrrell's of Hunter Valley renown, this is Aussie shiraz in restrained mode, with its berry aromas and cherry fruitiness whose spiciness is enhanced by succulent freshness. £9.99, Marks & Spencer
2009 Domaine Chanson Meursault
Classy meursault with fresh, leesy aromas preceding concentrated chardonnay fruit whose underlying mealy, nutty characters end in a dry aftertaste and lemony, mineral bite. £24.99, Sainsbury's
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Children warned to not listen to music for more than one hour a day
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...