Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 17 March 2012
2010 Pizarras de Otero, Bierzo
The new Spanish wave is exciting for wines from hitherto obscure grapes such as mencia which here infuses this inky red from Bierzo with blackberryish fruit and damson-fresh bite. £8.74, buy 2 = £6.99, Majestic
2009 Marks & Spencer, Hunter Valley Shiraz
From Tyrrell's of Hunter Valley renown, this is Aussie shiraz in restrained mode, with its berry aromas and cherry fruitiness whose spiciness is enhanced by succulent freshness. £9.99, Marks & Spencer
2009 Domaine Chanson Meursault
Classy meursault with fresh, leesy aromas preceding concentrated chardonnay fruit whose underlying mealy, nutty characters end in a dry aftertaste and lemony, mineral bite. £24.99, Sainsbury's
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
iJobs Food & Drink
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...
£23000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Project Accountant (Part-...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...