Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 24 March 2012
2010 Muscadet de Sèvre et Maine sur lie, Domaine Malinge
There's an ocean-breezy freshness to this dry Loire Valley white with its appley bite and crisp tang thanks to its cool Atlantic location. £6.15, buy 6 = £4.61 from Wednesday (on all Morrisons' wines)
2008 Viña Mayu Reserva Syrah, Elqui Valley, Chile
Smoke and tar assail the nostrils in the mould of the northern Rhone's Crozes-Hermitage, only more opulent, while ageing in oak casks adds a supple texture. £9.99, Sainsbury's
2009 Esprit de Chablis, Chablis Premier Cru, Burgundy
Like Chablis, this is classic northern white Burgundy with mineral-fruit quality and crisp acidity, combining ripe fruit with the character of its location. £15.99, Waitrose
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
UK's first plus-size fashion magazine Slink hits the shelves: 'Style doesn't stop at size 8'
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...