Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 24 March 2012
2010 Muscadet de Sèvre et Maine sur lie, Domaine Malinge
There's an ocean-breezy freshness to this dry Loire Valley white with its appley bite and crisp tang thanks to its cool Atlantic location. £6.15, buy 6 = £4.61 from Wednesday (on all Morrisons' wines)
2008 Viña Mayu Reserva Syrah, Elqui Valley, Chile
Smoke and tar assail the nostrils in the mould of the northern Rhone's Crozes-Hermitage, only more opulent, while ageing in oak casks adds a supple texture. £9.99, Sainsbury's
2009 Esprit de Chablis, Chablis Premier Cru, Burgundy
Like Chablis, this is classic northern white Burgundy with mineral-fruit quality and crisp acidity, combining ripe fruit with the character of its location. £15.99, Waitrose
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...