Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 07 April 2012
2010 Tesco Finest Picpoul de Pinet
This inviting Southern French answer to muscadet is an attractive and fruity Mediterranean white with crisp appley flavours and a dry finish; just the ticket for shellfish with an R still in the month. £5.79, down from £7.29, Tesco
2010 Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Central Otago Pinot Noir
Berry tones underpinned by a juicy fruitiness whose seductive quality is framed by spicy oak and grip. In red Burgundy mode for under a tenner. £9.99, Sainsbury's
2008 Saint Aubin 1er Cru, Domaine du Pimont
Classy white Burgundy with chardonnay richness finished with a nutty aftertaste. Beats the fine Puligny Montrachet at twice the price. £22, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...
£15000 - £19200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Processing Partner is require...
£34000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist travel agent ba...