Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 07 April 2012
2010 Tesco Finest Picpoul de Pinet
This inviting Southern French answer to muscadet is an attractive and fruity Mediterranean white with crisp appley flavours and a dry finish; just the ticket for shellfish with an R still in the month. £5.79, down from £7.29, Tesco
2010 Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Central Otago Pinot Noir
Berry tones underpinned by a juicy fruitiness whose seductive quality is framed by spicy oak and grip. In red Burgundy mode for under a tenner. £9.99, Sainsbury's
2008 Saint Aubin 1er Cru, Domaine du Pimont
Classy white Burgundy with chardonnay richness finished with a nutty aftertaste. Beats the fine Puligny Montrachet at twice the price. £22, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The 10 Best kitchen knives
It’s a pizza! And a cake!! What’s not to like? (The calories)
Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Kingdom Tower: Construction of 1km high new world’s tallest building to begin next week in Saudi Arabia
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...