Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 07 April 2012
2010 Tesco Finest Picpoul de Pinet
This inviting Southern French answer to muscadet is an attractive and fruity Mediterranean white with crisp appley flavours and a dry finish; just the ticket for shellfish with an R still in the month. £5.79, down from £7.29, Tesco
2010 Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Central Otago Pinot Noir
Berry tones underpinned by a juicy fruitiness whose seductive quality is framed by spicy oak and grip. In red Burgundy mode for under a tenner. £9.99, Sainsbury's
2008 Saint Aubin 1er Cru, Domaine du Pimont
Classy white Burgundy with chardonnay richness finished with a nutty aftertaste. Beats the fine Puligny Montrachet at twice the price. £22, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...