Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 07 April 2012
2010 Tesco Finest Picpoul de Pinet
This inviting Southern French answer to muscadet is an attractive and fruity Mediterranean white with crisp appley flavours and a dry finish; just the ticket for shellfish with an R still in the month. £5.79, down from £7.29, Tesco
2010 Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Central Otago Pinot Noir
Berry tones underpinned by a juicy fruitiness whose seductive quality is framed by spicy oak and grip. In red Burgundy mode for under a tenner. £9.99, Sainsbury's
2008 Saint Aubin 1er Cru, Domaine du Pimont
Classy white Burgundy with chardonnay richness finished with a nutty aftertaste. Beats the fine Puligny Montrachet at twice the price. £22, Marks & Spencer
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...