Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 14 April 2012
2011 Ken Forrester Workhorse Chenin Blanc
There's an attractive apricoty aroma to this dry Cape white whose fresh spritz underlines a fresh peachy-fruit quality finishing with Loire-Valley-like zesty apple and pear notes and a touch of honey. £7.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 Camins del Priorat, Alvaro Palacios
This delicious blend of cariñena and garnacha mixed with cabernet and syrah is delicately smoky with herby undertones behind a spicy, damson-rich juiciness. £17.49, buy 2 = £13.99, Majestic
2008 Fontodi Chianti Classico
Seriously good chianti classico made from pure sangiovese fruit whose sweet-and-sour cherry fruitiness is polished by oak spice. £18.50-£21.95, Cooden Cellars (01323 649663), Philglas & Swiggot, London
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
The distress of some Zayn Malik fans is real, and they need support, say experts
NHS property sale could raise £7.5bn to help pay off its growing deficit and free up space for housing
Gay marriage, one year on: Couples mark first anniversary of same-sex marriages
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Yorkshire man to win £10,000 off a £1 bet placed six years ago if Dan Jarvis becomes Labour Party leader
- 3 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 4 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 5 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...