Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 14 April 2012
2011 Ken Forrester Workhorse Chenin Blanc
There's an attractive apricoty aroma to this dry Cape white whose fresh spritz underlines a fresh peachy-fruit quality finishing with Loire-Valley-like zesty apple and pear notes and a touch of honey. £7.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 Camins del Priorat, Alvaro Palacios
This delicious blend of cariñena and garnacha mixed with cabernet and syrah is delicately smoky with herby undertones behind a spicy, damson-rich juiciness. £17.49, buy 2 = £13.99, Majestic
2008 Fontodi Chianti Classico
Seriously good chianti classico made from pure sangiovese fruit whose sweet-and-sour cherry fruitiness is polished by oak spice. £18.50-£21.95, Cooden Cellars (01323 649663), Philglas & Swiggot, London
Life & Style blogs
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Drinking three to five cups of a coffee a day could reduce risk of heart attacks, study finds
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced Hotel Receptionists...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...