Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 14 April 2012
2011 Ken Forrester Workhorse Chenin Blanc
There's an attractive apricoty aroma to this dry Cape white whose fresh spritz underlines a fresh peachy-fruit quality finishing with Loire-Valley-like zesty apple and pear notes and a touch of honey. £7.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 Camins del Priorat, Alvaro Palacios
This delicious blend of cariñena and garnacha mixed with cabernet and syrah is delicately smoky with herby undertones behind a spicy, damson-rich juiciness. £17.49, buy 2 = £13.99, Majestic
2008 Fontodi Chianti Classico
Seriously good chianti classico made from pure sangiovese fruit whose sweet-and-sour cherry fruitiness is polished by oak spice. £18.50-£21.95, Cooden Cellars (01323 649663), Philglas & Swiggot, London
Life & Style blogs
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 Student jailed for hacking University of Birmingham computers to improve his grades
- 2 Smartphones are making children borderline autistic, says psychiatrist
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 The most powerful passports in the world
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...