Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 14 April 2012
2011 Ken Forrester Workhorse Chenin Blanc
There's an attractive apricoty aroma to this dry Cape white whose fresh spritz underlines a fresh peachy-fruit quality finishing with Loire-Valley-like zesty apple and pear notes and a touch of honey. £7.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 Camins del Priorat, Alvaro Palacios
This delicious blend of cariñena and garnacha mixed with cabernet and syrah is delicately smoky with herby undertones behind a spicy, damson-rich juiciness. £17.49, buy 2 = £13.99, Majestic
2008 Fontodi Chianti Classico
Seriously good chianti classico made from pure sangiovese fruit whose sweet-and-sour cherry fruitiness is polished by oak spice. £18.50-£21.95, Cooden Cellars (01323 649663), Philglas & Swiggot, London
Life & Style blogs
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 3 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 4 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 5 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...