Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 14 April 2012
2011 Ken Forrester Workhorse Chenin Blanc
There's an attractive apricoty aroma to this dry Cape white whose fresh spritz underlines a fresh peachy-fruit quality finishing with Loire-Valley-like zesty apple and pear notes and a touch of honey. £7.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 Camins del Priorat, Alvaro Palacios
This delicious blend of cariñena and garnacha mixed with cabernet and syrah is delicately smoky with herby undertones behind a spicy, damson-rich juiciness. £17.49, buy 2 = £13.99, Majestic
2008 Fontodi Chianti Classico
Seriously good chianti classico made from pure sangiovese fruit whose sweet-and-sour cherry fruitiness is polished by oak spice. £18.50-£21.95, Cooden Cellars (01323 649663), Philglas & Swiggot, London
Life & Style blogs
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
Uber's real-time nearby cars map is fake, data experts claim
National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 1 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 2 It won’t work, Jeremy: The Health Secretary has lost the confidence of the medical profession in his attempt to reform the NHS
- 3 Kim Jong-un awarded global statesmanship prize by Indonesia
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
iJobs Food & Drink
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...