Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 21 April 2012
2010 Tesco Finest* Gavi
Aromatic with zingy apple flavours, good weight and the lively bite of the cortese grape, this is one of those classic Italian dry whites that goes beautifully with shellfish. Tesco, £5.98, reduced from £7.98, until 30 April
2011 Secano Paico Vineyard Block 3 Sauvignon Blanc
Fragrant sauvignon from Viña Leyda, there's an intense fruit quality that's gooseberryish in Sancerre mould – with a freshness that brings a dry tang. Marks & Spencer, £11.99
2007 Sideral, Altaïr
A Bordeaux-style Chilean red: chocolatey opulence, a fresh mint undertone and pristine fruit. Around £16.99, D Byrne (01200 423152), Wood Winters (01786 834894) and Wines of Interest (01473 215752)
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Doctors to trial 29-point checklist for elderly patients facing 'unavoidable' death
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Syrian refugee child beaten by Istanbul Burger King manager for eating customer’s leftover food
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...