Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 21 April 2012
2010 Tesco Finest* Gavi
Aromatic with zingy apple flavours, good weight and the lively bite of the cortese grape, this is one of those classic Italian dry whites that goes beautifully with shellfish. Tesco, £5.98, reduced from £7.98, until 30 April
2011 Secano Paico Vineyard Block 3 Sauvignon Blanc
Fragrant sauvignon from Viña Leyda, there's an intense fruit quality that's gooseberryish in Sancerre mould – with a freshness that brings a dry tang. Marks & Spencer, £11.99
2007 Sideral, Altaïr
A Bordeaux-style Chilean red: chocolatey opulence, a fresh mint undertone and pristine fruit. Around £16.99, D Byrne (01200 423152), Wood Winters (01786 834894) and Wines of Interest (01473 215752)
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...