Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 12 May 2012
2011 Marks & Spencer CM Carmenère, Elquí Valley
There's a herbal undertone to this sweetly liquorice-spicy red from Alvaro Espinoza with a touch of oak and chocolate underpinning fruit moderated by a Pacific-breezy freshness. £7.49, Marks & Spencer
2009 Heartland Dolcetto/Lagrein, Langhorne Creek
North Italian grapes bring freshness to this powerful Aussie blend whose cherry-fruit mingles with hints of mint and pepper – just the ticket for National BBQ Week starting 28 May. £13, Oddbins
2008 Nebbiolo d'Alba Il Cumot Bricco Maiolica
Unlike barolo, nebbiolo (from which it's made) can be drunk young and this perfumed example from Beppe Accomo with its bright cherryish fruit is as irresistible as it comes. £20.75, Lea & Sandeman shops (020-7244 0522)
Life & Style blogs
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
Reader dilemma: My wife only wants to have sex when she's drunk
Three quarters of the Ikea catalogue is CGI
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...