Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 12 May 2012
2011 Marks & Spencer CM Carmenère, Elquí Valley
There's a herbal undertone to this sweetly liquorice-spicy red from Alvaro Espinoza with a touch of oak and chocolate underpinning fruit moderated by a Pacific-breezy freshness. £7.49, Marks & Spencer
2009 Heartland Dolcetto/Lagrein, Langhorne Creek
North Italian grapes bring freshness to this powerful Aussie blend whose cherry-fruit mingles with hints of mint and pepper – just the ticket for National BBQ Week starting 28 May. £13, Oddbins
2008 Nebbiolo d'Alba Il Cumot Bricco Maiolica
Unlike barolo, nebbiolo (from which it's made) can be drunk young and this perfumed example from Beppe Accomo with its bright cherryish fruit is as irresistible as it comes. £20.75, Lea & Sandeman shops (020-7244 0522)
Life & Style blogs
Report finds English children among the unhappiest in world
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all this ice bucket challenge money
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Anniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...