Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 12 May 2012
2011 Marks & Spencer CM Carmenère, Elquí Valley
There's a herbal undertone to this sweetly liquorice-spicy red from Alvaro Espinoza with a touch of oak and chocolate underpinning fruit moderated by a Pacific-breezy freshness. £7.49, Marks & Spencer
2009 Heartland Dolcetto/Lagrein, Langhorne Creek
North Italian grapes bring freshness to this powerful Aussie blend whose cherry-fruit mingles with hints of mint and pepper – just the ticket for National BBQ Week starting 28 May. £13, Oddbins
2008 Nebbiolo d'Alba Il Cumot Bricco Maiolica
Unlike barolo, nebbiolo (from which it's made) can be drunk young and this perfumed example from Beppe Accomo with its bright cherryish fruit is as irresistible as it comes. £20.75, Lea & Sandeman shops (020-7244 0522)
Life & Style blogs
'Timeless fashion': It may be a paradox, but the industry loves it
The brothel buster: Meet the man who gets paid to have sex with prostitutes
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New exhibition celebrates the evolution of swimwear
Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...