Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 02 June 2012
2011 Tesco's Finest Falanghina
This is a refreshingly unoaked dry white from Italy's southern heel of Puglia, made from the Mediterranean falanghina grape, showing apple and pear fruit yet zestily refreshing and dry on the aftertaste. £5.99, Tesco
2010 Catena Malbec, High Mountain Vines
This fragrant Argentinian malbec displays a blackberry fruitiness and spicy oak, bisected by high-altitude freshness. £12.49, or buy 6 = £9.37, 25% off all wines until Wednesday, Waitrose
2009 GD Vajra Langhe Nebbiolo
Floral Piedmontese red made from nebbiolo steeped in ripe red fruits with a north-Italian nip of acidity. £19.95-£22.95, Bennetts (01386 840392), Lockett Bros (01620 890799), Roberson (020-7371 2121)
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Life & Style blogs
The 50 Best Christmas Gifts for Women
Foodini: the £835 machine that 'prints' food in your kitchen
Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
In pictures: Christmas in London through the ages
Pirate Bay sets sail for Ascension Island after SX domain name seized by authorities
- 1 Pensioner James Gray places advert in newspaper for company on Christmas Day
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 4 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K & Uncapped Commission & Benefits: Flight Cent...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...