Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 02 June 2012
2011 Tesco's Finest Falanghina
This is a refreshingly unoaked dry white from Italy's southern heel of Puglia, made from the Mediterranean falanghina grape, showing apple and pear fruit yet zestily refreshing and dry on the aftertaste. £5.99, Tesco
2010 Catena Malbec, High Mountain Vines
This fragrant Argentinian malbec displays a blackberry fruitiness and spicy oak, bisected by high-altitude freshness. £12.49, or buy 6 = £9.37, 25% off all wines until Wednesday, Waitrose
2009 GD Vajra Langhe Nebbiolo
Floral Piedmontese red made from nebbiolo steeped in ripe red fruits with a north-Italian nip of acidity. £19.95-£22.95, Bennetts (01386 840392), Lockett Bros (01620 890799), Roberson (020-7371 2121)
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...