Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 09 June 2012
2009 Viñalba Patagonia Cabernet Merlot
Hervé Joyaux has a reputation for producing good value reds from his Patagonian vineyards, like this cassis-laden blend with its chocolatey veneer and smooth finish. £6.99 down from £8.99, until Tuesday, selected Co-op stores
2011 Sancerre Vieilles Vignes, Domaine Paul Cherrier et Fils
This fine new vintage sauvignon is fragrant and concentrated with classic gooseberry fruit, its herbaceous borders adding zing to this stylish Loire dry white. £12.99; buy 2 = £11.99, Majestic
2000 Château Léret Montpezat, Cahors
This south-western blend of mainly malbec and merlot shows the benefits of ageing in bottle with cherry richness, French oak, mellow tannins and a savoury sprightliness. £20 for a 6-bottle case, tesco.com/wine
Life & Style blogs
Nobel Peace prize winner Albert Schweitzer once quipped: “Happiness is nothing more than good health...
Many years ago, I lost nearly all my upper frequency hearing as a result of military action. What pr...
Plus live in a folly tower and Towcester growth
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Food & Drink
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£15K + Uncapped Commission & Benefits): Flight Ce...