Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 09 June 2012
2009 Viñalba Patagonia Cabernet Merlot
Hervé Joyaux has a reputation for producing good value reds from his Patagonian vineyards, like this cassis-laden blend with its chocolatey veneer and smooth finish. £6.99 down from £8.99, until Tuesday, selected Co-op stores
2011 Sancerre Vieilles Vignes, Domaine Paul Cherrier et Fils
This fine new vintage sauvignon is fragrant and concentrated with classic gooseberry fruit, its herbaceous borders adding zing to this stylish Loire dry white. £12.99; buy 2 = £11.99, Majestic
2000 Château Léret Montpezat, Cahors
This south-western blend of mainly malbec and merlot shows the benefits of ageing in bottle with cherry richness, French oak, mellow tannins and a savoury sprightliness. £20 for a 6-bottle case, tesco.com/wine
World's most lethal spider found under a bunch of bananas
Rumours that the star wants to move on to pastures new
TV presenter Fiona Bruce seemed a bit startled by the find during the filming of Antiques Roadshow
Comedian says he 'never laughed as hard as I have writing with Rik'
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sick elderly man makes 'complete turnaround' after emotional reunion with dog
- 2 Star Wars memorabilia dubbed 'bit of plastic' by Antiques Roadshow's Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 3 Isis fighters 'crucify' 17-year-old boy in Syria
- 4 Ebola cruise ship ‘in utter panic’ as Mexico and Belize refuse to let it dock
- 5 Death of northern white rhino leaves just six of endangered animals left in the world
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...