Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 09 June 2012
2009 Viñalba Patagonia Cabernet Merlot
Hervé Joyaux has a reputation for producing good value reds from his Patagonian vineyards, like this cassis-laden blend with its chocolatey veneer and smooth finish. £6.99 down from £8.99, until Tuesday, selected Co-op stores
2011 Sancerre Vieilles Vignes, Domaine Paul Cherrier et Fils
This fine new vintage sauvignon is fragrant and concentrated with classic gooseberry fruit, its herbaceous borders adding zing to this stylish Loire dry white. £12.99; buy 2 = £11.99, Majestic
2000 Château Léret Montpezat, Cahors
This south-western blend of mainly malbec and merlot shows the benefits of ageing in bottle with cherry richness, French oak, mellow tannins and a savoury sprightliness. £20 for a 6-bottle case, tesco.com/wine
Life & Style blogs
DNA hope on schizophrenia: Research breakthrough points at over 100 genes
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Man takes most pointless Uber cab ride of all time
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...