Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 16 June 2012
2011 Les Jardiniers Sauvignon Blanc, Val de Loire
Cheaper but better than Sainsbury's new vintage Taste the Difference Sancerre, this fragrant Loire Valley sauvignon has elderflower notes and delivers on its gooseberry-fruit quality. £6.49, Sainsbury's
2010 Ogier Lirac Réserve
A vibrant blend of the southern Rhône grapes grenache, syrah, mourvèdre and cinsault, this has opulent but spice-tinged raspberry and cherryish fruit cocooned by a voluptuous texture and bright acidity. £8.99, The Co-operative
2008 Toolangi Vineyards Chardonnay, Victoria, Australia
This is an elegant, cooler-climate chardonnay whose appley and melon fruitiness are underpinned by intensity of flavour and Burgundy-like complexity. £18.50, Berry Bros & Rudd (bbr.com)
Life & Style blogs
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
David Sedaris: What I learnt from Fitbit about the world around me
Reader dilemma: My wife only wants to have sex when she's drunk
Three quarters of the Ikea catalogue is CGI
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...