Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 16 June 2012
2011 Les Jardiniers Sauvignon Blanc, Val de Loire
Cheaper but better than Sainsbury's new vintage Taste the Difference Sancerre, this fragrant Loire Valley sauvignon has elderflower notes and delivers on its gooseberry-fruit quality. £6.49, Sainsbury's
2010 Ogier Lirac Réserve
A vibrant blend of the southern Rhône grapes grenache, syrah, mourvèdre and cinsault, this has opulent but spice-tinged raspberry and cherryish fruit cocooned by a voluptuous texture and bright acidity. £8.99, The Co-operative
2008 Toolangi Vineyards Chardonnay, Victoria, Australia
This is an elegant, cooler-climate chardonnay whose appley and melon fruitiness are underpinned by intensity of flavour and Burgundy-like complexity. £18.50, Berry Bros & Rudd (bbr.com)
Life & Style blogs
KickAssTorrents down: biggest file-sharing site moves to .cr domain after takedowns
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
Watch teenager Collin Burns break the Rubik's Cube world record by solving puzzle in just 5.25 seconds
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
'Are you beach body ready?' backlash: Protein World boss labels feminist campaigners 'terrorists'
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
iJobs Food & Drink
£15310 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£24000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Situated in the heart of Bradfo...
£18750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Hotel in Chadderton is a popular ch...
£Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing and Co...