Wine: Something for the Weekend
Saturday 14 July 2012
2011 Taste the Difference Languedoc White
This is an appetising Languedoc white brimming with peach flavours and a dry flourish. £2 for £12, down from £8.99, Sainsbury's
2010 Vidal-Fleury, Cairanne, Rhône Valley, France
A blend of grenache, syrah and mourvèdre, this is a beautifully balanced young red. £10.99, Oddbins, buy 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2009 Paringa Estate Peninsula Pinot Noir, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
A berry fragrance and a touch of mint lie behind this Burgundy-style pinot noir. £24.99, waitrose wine.com
Life & Style blogs
Scientists develop blood test to detect Alzheimer's disease
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Russia has made 'big miscalculation' over Ukraine warns Hague
- 5 Swarm of killer bees sting woman 1,000 times
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...