Wine: Something for the Weekend
Saturday 14 July 2012
2011 Taste the Difference Languedoc White
This is an appetising Languedoc white brimming with peach flavours and a dry flourish. £2 for £12, down from £8.99, Sainsbury's
2010 Vidal-Fleury, Cairanne, Rhône Valley, France
A blend of grenache, syrah and mourvèdre, this is a beautifully balanced young red. £10.99, Oddbins, buy 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2009 Paringa Estate Peninsula Pinot Noir, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
A berry fragrance and a touch of mint lie behind this Burgundy-style pinot noir. £24.99, waitrose wine.com
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...