Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 21 July 2012
2011 Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Verdicchio Classico dei Castelli di Jesi
Don't be put off by the amphora bottle because there's plenty of fruitiness and citrusy bite behind this Adriatic coast quaffer. £6.99, or 2 for £12 until Tuesday, Sainsbury's
2010 Jean-Luc Colombo Les Gravières, Crozes-Hermitage, Rhône
This syrah from northern Rhône shows peppery fragrance and the spicy expression of the grape in its northerly location. £10.99, down from £13.99, Waitrose, until Tuesday
2010 Maroslav-Léger Bourgogne Blanc La Combe
A Côte de Beaune white burgundy with a touch of oak adding complexity to the delicate chardonnay fruitiness. £15.80, The Sampler (thesampler. co.uk; 020-7226 9500)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...