Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 21 July 2012
2011 Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Verdicchio Classico dei Castelli di Jesi
Don't be put off by the amphora bottle because there's plenty of fruitiness and citrusy bite behind this Adriatic coast quaffer. £6.99, or 2 for £12 until Tuesday, Sainsbury's
2010 Jean-Luc Colombo Les Gravières, Crozes-Hermitage, Rhône
This syrah from northern Rhône shows peppery fragrance and the spicy expression of the grape in its northerly location. £10.99, down from £13.99, Waitrose, until Tuesday
2010 Maroslav-Léger Bourgogne Blanc La Combe
A Côte de Beaune white burgundy with a touch of oak adding complexity to the delicate chardonnay fruitiness. £15.80, The Sampler (thesampler. co.uk; 020-7226 9500)
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The best Oscar dresses of all time
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge launch and review: wireless charging and new case see Samsung ready to take on Apple's iPhone
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
iJobs Food & Drink
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in South Kensington, this prestigi...
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£25000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Partner is required to ...
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...