Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 21 July 2012
2011 Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Verdicchio Classico dei Castelli di Jesi
Don't be put off by the amphora bottle because there's plenty of fruitiness and citrusy bite behind this Adriatic coast quaffer. £6.99, or 2 for £12 until Tuesday, Sainsbury's
2010 Jean-Luc Colombo Les Gravières, Crozes-Hermitage, Rhône
This syrah from northern Rhône shows peppery fragrance and the spicy expression of the grape in its northerly location. £10.99, down from £13.99, Waitrose, until Tuesday
2010 Maroslav-Léger Bourgogne Blanc La Combe
A Côte de Beaune white burgundy with a touch of oak adding complexity to the delicate chardonnay fruitiness. £15.80, The Sampler (thesampler. co.uk; 020-7226 9500)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...