Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 21 July 2012
2011 Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Verdicchio Classico dei Castelli di Jesi
Don't be put off by the amphora bottle because there's plenty of fruitiness and citrusy bite behind this Adriatic coast quaffer. £6.99, or 2 for £12 until Tuesday, Sainsbury's
2010 Jean-Luc Colombo Les Gravières, Crozes-Hermitage, Rhône
This syrah from northern Rhône shows peppery fragrance and the spicy expression of the grape in its northerly location. £10.99, down from £13.99, Waitrose, until Tuesday
2010 Maroslav-Léger Bourgogne Blanc La Combe
A Côte de Beaune white burgundy with a touch of oak adding complexity to the delicate chardonnay fruitiness. £15.80, The Sampler (thesampler. co.uk; 020-7226 9500)
Life & Style blogs
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
'Game-changing' new way to fight cancer discovered
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...