Wine: Something for the weekend?
2011 Spanish Steps Toro
The Spanish reds of Toro can be as muscular as their taurean name suggests but this pure tempranillo is full of ripe strawberry fruit and a juicy, robust freshness that makes it ideal for the barbecue, grilled lamb especially. £6.99, Sainsbury's
2010 Domaine Gérard Thomas St Aubin 'Le Champ Tirant'
A stylish addition to the Co-op's fine wine range, the spicy aromas of this rich, full-flavoured white Burgundy lead to a moreish mouthful of chardonnay with a creaminess of texture and nutty aftertaste. £13.99, The Co-operative
2010 Penfold's Bin 138, Barossa Valley, South Australia
Vividly spicy and fragrant, this is an Aussie answer to the southern Rhône, an opulent blend of grenache, shiraz and mourvèdre whose toasty oak veneer is etched with juicy acidity. £14.49, Tesco (114 stores)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...