Wine: Something for the weekend?
2011 Spanish Steps Toro
The Spanish reds of Toro can be as muscular as their taurean name suggests but this pure tempranillo is full of ripe strawberry fruit and a juicy, robust freshness that makes it ideal for the barbecue, grilled lamb especially. £6.99, Sainsbury's
2010 Domaine Gérard Thomas St Aubin 'Le Champ Tirant'
A stylish addition to the Co-op's fine wine range, the spicy aromas of this rich, full-flavoured white Burgundy lead to a moreish mouthful of chardonnay with a creaminess of texture and nutty aftertaste. £13.99, The Co-operative
2010 Penfold's Bin 138, Barossa Valley, South Australia
Vividly spicy and fragrant, this is an Aussie answer to the southern Rhône, an opulent blend of grenache, shiraz and mourvèdre whose toasty oak veneer is etched with juicy acidity. £14.49, Tesco (114 stores)
Life & Style blogs
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Doctors are allowed to have personal beliefs, just as long as these beliefs do not interfere with th...
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.