Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 18 August 2012
2011 Tesco Finest* Vinho Verde
A blend of the local loureiro and trajadura grapes, the aromatic notes of this Portuguese dry white bring a freshness to a summer's evening wine of relatively moderate alcohol. £7.29, Tesco
2011 Gobelsburg Grüner Veltliner, Lower Austria
Gobelsburg's Michael Moosbrugger knows how to coax the special fragrance of Austria's nummer eins white grape variety, whose freshness is underpinned by notes of white pepper and spice. £9.99, Waitrose
2011 Xanadu Margaret River Chardonnay, Margaret River, Western Australia
This white Burgundy-style wine has a peachy-fruit richness mingled with complexity of flavour and grapefruity zest. £16.99, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...