Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 18 August 2012
2011 Tesco Finest* Vinho Verde
A blend of the local loureiro and trajadura grapes, the aromatic notes of this Portuguese dry white bring a freshness to a summer's evening wine of relatively moderate alcohol. £7.29, Tesco
2011 Gobelsburg Grüner Veltliner, Lower Austria
Gobelsburg's Michael Moosbrugger knows how to coax the special fragrance of Austria's nummer eins white grape variety, whose freshness is underpinned by notes of white pepper and spice. £9.99, Waitrose
2011 Xanadu Margaret River Chardonnay, Margaret River, Western Australia
This white Burgundy-style wine has a peachy-fruit richness mingled with complexity of flavour and grapefruity zest. £16.99, Marks & Spencer
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...