Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 18 August 2012
2011 Tesco Finest* Vinho Verde
A blend of the local loureiro and trajadura grapes, the aromatic notes of this Portuguese dry white bring a freshness to a summer's evening wine of relatively moderate alcohol. £7.29, Tesco
2011 Gobelsburg Grüner Veltliner, Lower Austria
Gobelsburg's Michael Moosbrugger knows how to coax the special fragrance of Austria's nummer eins white grape variety, whose freshness is underpinned by notes of white pepper and spice. £9.99, Waitrose
2011 Xanadu Margaret River Chardonnay, Margaret River, Western Australia
This white Burgundy-style wine has a peachy-fruit richness mingled with complexity of flavour and grapefruity zest. £16.99, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...