Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 18 August 2012
2011 Tesco Finest* Vinho Verde
A blend of the local loureiro and trajadura grapes, the aromatic notes of this Portuguese dry white bring a freshness to a summer's evening wine of relatively moderate alcohol. £7.29, Tesco
2011 Gobelsburg Grüner Veltliner, Lower Austria
Gobelsburg's Michael Moosbrugger knows how to coax the special fragrance of Austria's nummer eins white grape variety, whose freshness is underpinned by notes of white pepper and spice. £9.99, Waitrose
2011 Xanadu Margaret River Chardonnay, Margaret River, Western Australia
This white Burgundy-style wine has a peachy-fruit richness mingled with complexity of flavour and grapefruity zest. £16.99, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
DNA hope on schizophrenia: Research breakthrough points at over 100 genes
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
Man takes most pointless Uber cab ride of all time
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...