Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 18 August 2012
2011 Tesco Finest* Vinho Verde
A blend of the local loureiro and trajadura grapes, the aromatic notes of this Portuguese dry white bring a freshness to a summer's evening wine of relatively moderate alcohol. £7.29, Tesco
2011 Gobelsburg Grüner Veltliner, Lower Austria
Gobelsburg's Michael Moosbrugger knows how to coax the special fragrance of Austria's nummer eins white grape variety, whose freshness is underpinned by notes of white pepper and spice. £9.99, Waitrose
2011 Xanadu Margaret River Chardonnay, Margaret River, Western Australia
This white Burgundy-style wine has a peachy-fruit richness mingled with complexity of flavour and grapefruity zest. £16.99, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Cruise Ship Seasonal W...