Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 01 September 2012
There's a fresh sherbet-lemon aroma and bright spritzy-apple and bitter-lemon fruit behind this Venetian trebbiano whose zesty, crisp finish makes for classic summer's day al fresco drinking. £6.98, down from £7.98, Asda, until 4 October
2010 Trimbach Riesling, Alsace
Beyond the aromatics, there's a pristine fruit quality to this delicate yet full-flavoured riesling from the brilliant Alsace house of Trimbach; its exotic fruitiness is brought to a bone-dry conclusion. £10.99, Majestic
2010 Chablis 1er Cru, Domaine Brocard
This fine expression of unoaked chablis from Brocard singles it out from common or garden chardonnay, bringing out the mineral expression behind the fruit, texture and spine of acidity. £14.99, Sainsbury's
Life & Style blogs
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
Reader dilemma: My wife only wants to have sex when she's drunk
Three quarters of the Ikea catalogue is CGI
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...