Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 01 September 2012
There's a fresh sherbet-lemon aroma and bright spritzy-apple and bitter-lemon fruit behind this Venetian trebbiano whose zesty, crisp finish makes for classic summer's day al fresco drinking. £6.98, down from £7.98, Asda, until 4 October
2010 Trimbach Riesling, Alsace
Beyond the aromatics, there's a pristine fruit quality to this delicate yet full-flavoured riesling from the brilliant Alsace house of Trimbach; its exotic fruitiness is brought to a bone-dry conclusion. £10.99, Majestic
2010 Chablis 1er Cru, Domaine Brocard
This fine expression of unoaked chablis from Brocard singles it out from common or garden chardonnay, bringing out the mineral expression behind the fruit, texture and spine of acidity. £14.99, Sainsbury's
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...