Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 01 September 2012
There's a fresh sherbet-lemon aroma and bright spritzy-apple and bitter-lemon fruit behind this Venetian trebbiano whose zesty, crisp finish makes for classic summer's day al fresco drinking. £6.98, down from £7.98, Asda, until 4 October
2010 Trimbach Riesling, Alsace
Beyond the aromatics, there's a pristine fruit quality to this delicate yet full-flavoured riesling from the brilliant Alsace house of Trimbach; its exotic fruitiness is brought to a bone-dry conclusion. £10.99, Majestic
2010 Chablis 1er Cru, Domaine Brocard
This fine expression of unoaked chablis from Brocard singles it out from common or garden chardonnay, bringing out the mineral expression behind the fruit, texture and spine of acidity. £14.99, Sainsbury's
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...