Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 01 September 2012
There's a fresh sherbet-lemon aroma and bright spritzy-apple and bitter-lemon fruit behind this Venetian trebbiano whose zesty, crisp finish makes for classic summer's day al fresco drinking. £6.98, down from £7.98, Asda, until 4 October
2010 Trimbach Riesling, Alsace
Beyond the aromatics, there's a pristine fruit quality to this delicate yet full-flavoured riesling from the brilliant Alsace house of Trimbach; its exotic fruitiness is brought to a bone-dry conclusion. £10.99, Majestic
2010 Chablis 1er Cru, Domaine Brocard
This fine expression of unoaked chablis from Brocard singles it out from common or garden chardonnay, bringing out the mineral expression behind the fruit, texture and spine of acidity. £14.99, Sainsbury's
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The best Oscar dresses of all time
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge launch and review: wireless charging and new case see Samsung ready to take on Apple's iPhone
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
iJobs Food & Drink
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in South Kensington, this prestigi...
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£25000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Partner is required to ...
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...