Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 06 October 2012
2011 Domaine de Villargeau Coteaux du Giennois
Nettle and blackcurrant leaf aromas and a zesty quality of fruit that delivers gooseberry and pear flavours. £7.95-£8.99, The Wine Society, Majestic, M&S
2010 El Brindis Montsant
A rich blend of Catalonia's samsó with garnacha whose opulent, dark-cherry core is whipped into shape by spicy oak and fresh acidity. £11.59-£11.99, Noel Young Wines, Cambridge (01223 566744), Great Western Wine, Bath (01225 322810)
2010 Meursault Vieilles Vignes Closerie des Alisiers
A stonker of a wine – savoury characters mingle with subtly-oaked chardonnay flavours in a voluptuous white Burgundy classic. £20.99, Sainsbury's
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...