Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 13 October 2012
2010 Tesco Finest* Grenache/Marsanne, Languedoc-Roussillon, France
There's juicy fresh peachy fruitiness to enjoy in this blend of grenache and marsanne – a great match for fish and shellfish-based pasta. £7.49, Tesco
2009 Guigal Côtes du Rhône, France
This syrah-based Rhône blend has sweet pepper aromatics and spicy, pepper-infused blackberry fruitiness enhanced by a generously ripe vintage in 2009. £10.99-£11.95, slurp wine.co.uk, Waitrose
2009 Edmeades Zinfandel Mendocino County, California
A powerful zinfandel with a smoky aroma and poised sweet raspberry and cherry fruit framed by vanilla. Around £17.99, Handford (020-7589 6113), Harrods
Life & Style blogs
Karl Lagerfeld's famous cat made £2m last year - that's more than Cara Delevingne earned
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Fast food Britain: The number of takeaways soars across the nation's high streets
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The Clove Club: The restaurant where you will pre-pay for your food
- 1 Rape threats, death threats and a police investigation after video poking fun at an Islamic Party in Malaysia goes viral
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Wakefield Deal...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: our .NET Developers / Software Dev...
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...