Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 13 October 2012
2010 Tesco Finest* Grenache/Marsanne, Languedoc-Roussillon, France
There's juicy fresh peachy fruitiness to enjoy in this blend of grenache and marsanne – a great match for fish and shellfish-based pasta. £7.49, Tesco
2009 Guigal Côtes du Rhône, France
This syrah-based Rhône blend has sweet pepper aromatics and spicy, pepper-infused blackberry fruitiness enhanced by a generously ripe vintage in 2009. £10.99-£11.95, slurp wine.co.uk, Waitrose
2009 Edmeades Zinfandel Mendocino County, California
A powerful zinfandel with a smoky aroma and poised sweet raspberry and cherry fruit framed by vanilla. Around £17.99, Handford (020-7589 6113), Harrods
Life & Style blogs
- 1 PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Vagina canoe artist defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...