Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 13 October 2012
2010 Tesco Finest* Grenache/Marsanne, Languedoc-Roussillon, France
There's juicy fresh peachy fruitiness to enjoy in this blend of grenache and marsanne – a great match for fish and shellfish-based pasta. £7.49, Tesco
2009 Guigal Côtes du Rhône, France
This syrah-based Rhône blend has sweet pepper aromatics and spicy, pepper-infused blackberry fruitiness enhanced by a generously ripe vintage in 2009. £10.99-£11.95, slurp wine.co.uk, Waitrose
2009 Edmeades Zinfandel Mendocino County, California
A powerful zinfandel with a smoky aroma and poised sweet raspberry and cherry fruit framed by vanilla. Around £17.99, Handford (020-7589 6113), Harrods
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Company reveals $542m investment in start-up building 'a rocket ship for the mind'
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6 'catches on fire and burns man's leg after bending in his pocket'
The hoverboard is real, and it could give rise to hoverhouses
Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
Are you ready for Crazy Doritos, the red-hot snack food craze sweeping Mexico’s streets?
The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...