Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 03 November 2012
2011 Pasico Old Vine Monastrell Shiraz
From Jumilla in southern Spain, this is a cherryish red from Juan Gil produced from robust bush vine monastrell, also known as mourvèdre, with a touch of shiraz to soften the tannins. £5.99, Sainsbury's
2011 K-Naia Verdejo, Rueda, Spain
The citrusy aromas of this northern Spanish dry white made from the verdejo grape leads into a glassful of fruitiness whose acidity cries out for shellfish risotto. £8.99, Booths supermarkets
2007 Château Doisy-Daëne Blanc Sec, Graves
Five years bottle age and the lemony freshness of this dry white shines on brightly, a kiss of oak adding a creamy quality to the herbal fruitiness. £19.95, Tanners (01743 234 500)
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Paris Fashion Week: Karl Lagerfeld leads a feminist riot on 'Boulevard Chanel'
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Windows 10 release: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' with new operating system
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
30,000 to 35,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: We are currently recruiting on...
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...