Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 03 November 2012
2011 Pasico Old Vine Monastrell Shiraz
From Jumilla in southern Spain, this is a cherryish red from Juan Gil produced from robust bush vine monastrell, also known as mourvèdre, with a touch of shiraz to soften the tannins. £5.99, Sainsbury's
2011 K-Naia Verdejo, Rueda, Spain
The citrusy aromas of this northern Spanish dry white made from the verdejo grape leads into a glassful of fruitiness whose acidity cries out for shellfish risotto. £8.99, Booths supermarkets
2007 Château Doisy-Daëne Blanc Sec, Graves
Five years bottle age and the lemony freshness of this dry white shines on brightly, a kiss of oak adding a creamy quality to the herbal fruitiness. £19.95, Tanners (01743 234 500)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
iJobs Food & Drink
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...