Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 03 November 2012
2011 Pasico Old Vine Monastrell Shiraz
From Jumilla in southern Spain, this is a cherryish red from Juan Gil produced from robust bush vine monastrell, also known as mourvèdre, with a touch of shiraz to soften the tannins. £5.99, Sainsbury's
2011 K-Naia Verdejo, Rueda, Spain
The citrusy aromas of this northern Spanish dry white made from the verdejo grape leads into a glassful of fruitiness whose acidity cries out for shellfish risotto. £8.99, Booths supermarkets
2007 Château Doisy-Daëne Blanc Sec, Graves
Five years bottle age and the lemony freshness of this dry white shines on brightly, a kiss of oak adding a creamy quality to the herbal fruitiness. £19.95, Tanners (01743 234 500)
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamaphobia
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...
£15000 - £19200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Processing Partner is require...
£34000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist travel agent ba...