Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 03 November 2012
2011 Pasico Old Vine Monastrell Shiraz
From Jumilla in southern Spain, this is a cherryish red from Juan Gil produced from robust bush vine monastrell, also known as mourvèdre, with a touch of shiraz to soften the tannins. £5.99, Sainsbury's
2011 K-Naia Verdejo, Rueda, Spain
The citrusy aromas of this northern Spanish dry white made from the verdejo grape leads into a glassful of fruitiness whose acidity cries out for shellfish risotto. £8.99, Booths supermarkets
2007 Château Doisy-Daëne Blanc Sec, Graves
Five years bottle age and the lemony freshness of this dry white shines on brightly, a kiss of oak adding a creamy quality to the herbal fruitiness. £19.95, Tanners (01743 234 500)
Life & Style blogs
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Scientists find the origin of 'bad' fat linked to heart disease and cancer
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Exclusive: UK banks in row over Yulia Tymoshenko 'millions'
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We're looking for...
£18000 - £34000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Group: Becom...
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...
£18000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre First and Business: This i...