Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 03 November 2012
2011 Pasico Old Vine Monastrell Shiraz
From Jumilla in southern Spain, this is a cherryish red from Juan Gil produced from robust bush vine monastrell, also known as mourvèdre, with a touch of shiraz to soften the tannins. £5.99, Sainsbury's
2011 K-Naia Verdejo, Rueda, Spain
The citrusy aromas of this northern Spanish dry white made from the verdejo grape leads into a glassful of fruitiness whose acidity cries out for shellfish risotto. £8.99, Booths supermarkets
2007 Château Doisy-Daëne Blanc Sec, Graves
Five years bottle age and the lemony freshness of this dry white shines on brightly, a kiss of oak adding a creamy quality to the herbal fruitiness. £19.95, Tanners (01743 234 500)
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Facebook attacked over dead relative photos in 'Year in Review' slides
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
PlayStation Network still partly down after hack, but fixes in place
Anti-smoking adverts accused of 'scaremongering'
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Downfall of Dustin 'Screech' Diamond, the 'Saved By The Bell' star charged with bar stabbing
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...