Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 10 November 2012
2011 De Bortoli DB Family Selection Shiraz, South East Australia
This shiraz punches above its weight for its spicy aromas combined with fruit succulence in Rhône-like style. £5.49, down from £7.49, Waitrose
2011 Plantagenet Great Southern Riesling, Western Australia
Floral aromas and a lemon and lime quality; perfect with seafood. £13.50-£14.99, The Wine Tasting Shop (020-8616 8658), Bennetts (0160 866 1409) 744).
2009 Le Haut Médoc de Giscours
This youthful half merlot, half cabernet sauvignon blend shows the classic cedary claret pedigree allied to a chocolatey richness. £22, buy 6 = £16.50 until 11 November, M&S
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
iJobs Food & Drink
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...