Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 22 December 2012
2012 The Ned Sauvignon Blanc Waihopai River, Marlborough
New vintage Kiwi sauvignon blanc showing nettle-scented aromas with a concentration of gooseberry and passion fruit flavours in dry mode. £6.66, down from £9.99, Waitrose
2011 Iona Chardonnay
From Iona in cool climate Elgin, this is a superbly crafted Cape chardonnay whose rich fruit shows a creamy, nutty quality that's Burgundian in style yet balanced by a citrusy edge and fine dry aftertaste. £14.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 Fortnums Chablis 1er Cru Butteaux Vieilles Vignes
This pristine Chablis from Domaine Louis Michel with its refreshing spritz and rich chardonnay stonefruit is etched with minerality. £23.50, Fortnum & Mason
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...