Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 22 December 2012
2012 The Ned Sauvignon Blanc Waihopai River, Marlborough
New vintage Kiwi sauvignon blanc showing nettle-scented aromas with a concentration of gooseberry and passion fruit flavours in dry mode. £6.66, down from £9.99, Waitrose
2011 Iona Chardonnay
From Iona in cool climate Elgin, this is a superbly crafted Cape chardonnay whose rich fruit shows a creamy, nutty quality that's Burgundian in style yet balanced by a citrusy edge and fine dry aftertaste. £14.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 Fortnums Chablis 1er Cru Butteaux Vieilles Vignes
This pristine Chablis from Domaine Louis Michel with its refreshing spritz and rich chardonnay stonefruit is etched with minerality. £23.50, Fortnum & Mason
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
Alien: Isolation preview - If you scream in space, it makes a sound
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
How much independence should children have?
- 1 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 50 books for students to read this summer: From Ernest Hemingway to Gillian Flynn
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...