Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 22 December 2012
2012 The Ned Sauvignon Blanc Waihopai River, Marlborough
New vintage Kiwi sauvignon blanc showing nettle-scented aromas with a concentration of gooseberry and passion fruit flavours in dry mode. £6.66, down from £9.99, Waitrose
2011 Iona Chardonnay
From Iona in cool climate Elgin, this is a superbly crafted Cape chardonnay whose rich fruit shows a creamy, nutty quality that's Burgundian in style yet balanced by a citrusy edge and fine dry aftertaste. £14.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 Fortnums Chablis 1er Cru Butteaux Vieilles Vignes
This pristine Chablis from Domaine Louis Michel with its refreshing spritz and rich chardonnay stonefruit is etched with minerality. £23.50, Fortnum & Mason
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 One Direction: Louis Tomlinson launching his own record label, has already 'signed two acts'
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...