Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 05 January 2013
2009 Domaine de la Chanade Galien Gaillac Rouge
This young red from France's South West displays liquorice aromas with cherry fruitiness topped off with a rustic freshness. £7.49, down from £9.99, M&S
2010 McManis Family Vineyards Viogner, California
A tropical dry white showing the viognier fragrance of honeysuckle and apricot fruit whose richness is leavened by refreshing acidity. £10.99, Waitrose
2010 Shaw and Smith Adelaide Hills Shiraz
Elegant Aussie cool-climate shiraz with spicy undertones and a fruit quality that's satisfyingly lingering. £22.25–£25.99, Cambridge Wine Merchants (01223 568989), Wine direct.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...