Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 12 January 2013
Tesco Finest* Teroldego
Like an Italian beaujolais thanks to its supple tannins and vibrant fruit quality, this red made from Trentino's teroldego grape is full of fruitiness underpinned by succulence. £6, down from £7.99, until 22 January, Tesco
2010 Le Grand Chai Haut-Médoc
This vibrant blend of cabernet sauvignon and merlot from the great 2010 vintage is approachable now but can be stashed for a couple of years. £10.99, down from £12.99, Laithwaites (0845 1947720)
2010 Domaine du Grapillon d'Or Gigondas
A warming blend of grenache with syrah, this is a fragrant, blackberryish southern Rhône red infused with spice and a bittersweet richness. £18.99, Waitrose and Waitrose Wine Direct
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
James Foley beheading: Twitter 'actively suspending' accounts sharing graphic imagery
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish sold in Taiwan renamed after backlash
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
- 4 Nicki Minaj 'Anaconda': Singer finally releases predictable video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...