Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 02 February 2013
2011 Viñalba Malbec, Argentina
To add to the satisfying quality of this delightfully succulent cherry and blackberry-juicy malbec from Frenchman Hervé Joyaux, the Co-op in its wisdom has lopped more than £1 off. £5.79, down from £6.99, the Co-operative
2011 Waitrose Sancerre La Franchotte, Joseph Mellot
Fresh nettle and herbal aromas mingle with an appetising gooseberry-fool opulence in this Loire sauvignon blanc, nicely balanced by crisp citrusy acidity. £10.79, down from £13.49, Waitrose
Piper Heidsieck Cuvée Brut NV Champagne
This stylish dry Grande Marque fizz has a delicate aroma of ripe apples and a full-flavoured mousse of toasty bubbles. Just in time for V Day at £15.49, down from £30.99, to 14 Feb, Sainsbury's
Life & Style blogs
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...