Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 02 February 2013
2011 Viñalba Malbec, Argentina
To add to the satisfying quality of this delightfully succulent cherry and blackberry-juicy malbec from Frenchman Hervé Joyaux, the Co-op in its wisdom has lopped more than £1 off. £5.79, down from £6.99, the Co-operative
2011 Waitrose Sancerre La Franchotte, Joseph Mellot
Fresh nettle and herbal aromas mingle with an appetising gooseberry-fool opulence in this Loire sauvignon blanc, nicely balanced by crisp citrusy acidity. £10.79, down from £13.49, Waitrose
Piper Heidsieck Cuvée Brut NV Champagne
This stylish dry Grande Marque fizz has a delicate aroma of ripe apples and a full-flavoured mousse of toasty bubbles. Just in time for V Day at £15.49, down from £30.99, to 14 Feb, Sainsbury's
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 3 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 5 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
iJobs Food & Drink
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...
£30K- £35K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...