Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 09 February 2013
2010 Vinchio-Vaglio I Tre Vescovi Barbera d'Asti Superiore
Behind the smoky, sweet-cherryish aromas of this modern Piedmontese red lies cherry-ripe fruitiness and sub-Alpine freshness. £6.99, down from £8.99, Waitrose
2009 Villiera Brut Natural Sparkling Wine
A pure chardonnay Cape fizz, whose complexity is defined by a tangy dry freshness and a creamy mousse with rich nutty flavours. £10.99, Marks & Spencer
2009 Harvey Nichols Margaux
From the great 2009 vintage, this classic four-way Bordeaux blend has blueberry and liquorice aromas giving way to a rich palette of dark berry fruit with a satiny sheen. £25, Harvey Nichols
Life & Style blogs
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Hundreds of Scottish women to launch damages claims against makers of the vaginal mesh implants which have left them in constant pain and even unable to have sex
Mapping the tubes: The hidden world of undersea cables that make up the internet
Apple's iOS 7.1: How to get the iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
Is the secret to liberation from the cares of this world a two-word curse?
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
- 5 Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to England and Arsenal striker
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Bus...
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...