Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 09 February 2013
2010 Vinchio-Vaglio I Tre Vescovi Barbera d'Asti Superiore
Behind the smoky, sweet-cherryish aromas of this modern Piedmontese red lies cherry-ripe fruitiness and sub-Alpine freshness. £6.99, down from £8.99, Waitrose
2009 Villiera Brut Natural Sparkling Wine
A pure chardonnay Cape fizz, whose complexity is defined by a tangy dry freshness and a creamy mousse with rich nutty flavours. £10.99, Marks & Spencer
2009 Harvey Nichols Margaux
From the great 2009 vintage, this classic four-way Bordeaux blend has blueberry and liquorice aromas giving way to a rich palette of dark berry fruit with a satiny sheen. £25, Harvey Nichols
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 The Hobbit: There and Back Again set for possible title change
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...