Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 09 February 2013
2010 Vinchio-Vaglio I Tre Vescovi Barbera d'Asti Superiore
Behind the smoky, sweet-cherryish aromas of this modern Piedmontese red lies cherry-ripe fruitiness and sub-Alpine freshness. £6.99, down from £8.99, Waitrose
2009 Villiera Brut Natural Sparkling Wine
A pure chardonnay Cape fizz, whose complexity is defined by a tangy dry freshness and a creamy mousse with rich nutty flavours. £10.99, Marks & Spencer
2009 Harvey Nichols Margaux
From the great 2009 vintage, this classic four-way Bordeaux blend has blueberry and liquorice aromas giving way to a rich palette of dark berry fruit with a satiny sheen. £25, Harvey Nichols
Life & Style blogs
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
The Pirate Bay is back — but key staff have left to start a rival site
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
- 5 Kim Sears responds to swearing controversy with 'parental advisory' T-shirt at Andy Murray's Australian Open final
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...