Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 16 February 2013
2010 Jacobs Creek Reserve Shiraz, Barossa Valley, Australia
A notch above the basic Jacob's Creek shiraz, this is full of opulent dark blackberry fruitiness infused with a smooth sheen of spicy oak and chocolatey richness. £6.99, down from £9.99, Tesco, Asda
2010 Cerro del Masso Poggiotondo Chianti, Italy
A modern Tuscan blend based on the sangiovese grape, this bright chianti shows herb and cherry aromas and a typical twist of sour cherry for a supple and zingy aftertaste. £8.99, Waitrose Wine Direct and 220 branches.
2010 Salmos, Priorat, Torres, Spain
This fine Catalan blend delivers smooth-textured, spicy fruit with a richness that turns lipsmackingly savoury. Around £16.99, Peake Wines (01329 822733)
Life & Style blogs
Replica cars: The 'new classics' roaring back into the lead
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: which is the best?
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...