Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 16 February 2013
2010 Jacobs Creek Reserve Shiraz, Barossa Valley, Australia
A notch above the basic Jacob's Creek shiraz, this is full of opulent dark blackberry fruitiness infused with a smooth sheen of spicy oak and chocolatey richness. £6.99, down from £9.99, Tesco, Asda
2010 Cerro del Masso Poggiotondo Chianti, Italy
A modern Tuscan blend based on the sangiovese grape, this bright chianti shows herb and cherry aromas and a typical twist of sour cherry for a supple and zingy aftertaste. £8.99, Waitrose Wine Direct and 220 branches.
2010 Salmos, Priorat, Torres, Spain
This fine Catalan blend delivers smooth-textured, spicy fruit with a richness that turns lipsmackingly savoury. Around £16.99, Peake Wines (01329 822733)
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Livr: A social network only for drunk people
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...