Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 16 February 2013
2010 Jacobs Creek Reserve Shiraz, Barossa Valley, Australia
A notch above the basic Jacob's Creek shiraz, this is full of opulent dark blackberry fruitiness infused with a smooth sheen of spicy oak and chocolatey richness. £6.99, down from £9.99, Tesco, Asda
2010 Cerro del Masso Poggiotondo Chianti, Italy
A modern Tuscan blend based on the sangiovese grape, this bright chianti shows herb and cherry aromas and a typical twist of sour cherry for a supple and zingy aftertaste. £8.99, Waitrose Wine Direct and 220 branches.
2010 Salmos, Priorat, Torres, Spain
This fine Catalan blend delivers smooth-textured, spicy fruit with a richness that turns lipsmackingly savoury. Around £16.99, Peake Wines (01329 822733)
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...