Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 16 February 2013
2010 Jacobs Creek Reserve Shiraz, Barossa Valley, Australia
A notch above the basic Jacob's Creek shiraz, this is full of opulent dark blackberry fruitiness infused with a smooth sheen of spicy oak and chocolatey richness. £6.99, down from £9.99, Tesco, Asda
2010 Cerro del Masso Poggiotondo Chianti, Italy
A modern Tuscan blend based on the sangiovese grape, this bright chianti shows herb and cherry aromas and a typical twist of sour cherry for a supple and zingy aftertaste. £8.99, Waitrose Wine Direct and 220 branches.
2010 Salmos, Priorat, Torres, Spain
This fine Catalan blend delivers smooth-textured, spicy fruit with a richness that turns lipsmackingly savoury. Around £16.99, Peake Wines (01329 822733)
Life & Style blogs
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.