Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 13 April 2013
2010 Viñalba Patagonia Cabernet Merlot
The smoky aromas of this Argentinian Bordeaux-style blend leads into a glassful of ripe blackcurrant-sweet flavour framed by chocolatey oak. £6.99 down from £8.99, to 23 April, The Co-operative
2011 Peacock Ridge Chenin Blanc, South Africa
Expressive in peach and mango characters, the intense fruit quality has a lively kick and honeyed finish. Around £9.99, Noel Young (01223 566744), D Byrne (01200 423152)
2011 Libre Cabernet Franc, Domaine Gayda, Pays d'Oc, IGP
Everything about this Med red is smart: sweet-pepper-tinged aromas lead into delicate herbs. £14.95-£15.99, Leon Stolarski (0115 952 9387), Cambridge Wine Merchants (01223 309 309)
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...