Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 13 April 2013
2010 Viñalba Patagonia Cabernet Merlot
The smoky aromas of this Argentinian Bordeaux-style blend leads into a glassful of ripe blackcurrant-sweet flavour framed by chocolatey oak. £6.99 down from £8.99, to 23 April, The Co-operative
2011 Peacock Ridge Chenin Blanc, South Africa
Expressive in peach and mango characters, the intense fruit quality has a lively kick and honeyed finish. Around £9.99, Noel Young (01223 566744), D Byrne (01200 423152)
2011 Libre Cabernet Franc, Domaine Gayda, Pays d'Oc, IGP
Everything about this Med red is smart: sweet-pepper-tinged aromas lead into delicate herbs. £14.95-£15.99, Leon Stolarski (0115 952 9387), Cambridge Wine Merchants (01223 309 309)
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...