Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 13 April 2013
2010 Viñalba Patagonia Cabernet Merlot
The smoky aromas of this Argentinian Bordeaux-style blend leads into a glassful of ripe blackcurrant-sweet flavour framed by chocolatey oak. £6.99 down from £8.99, to 23 April, The Co-operative
2011 Peacock Ridge Chenin Blanc, South Africa
Expressive in peach and mango characters, the intense fruit quality has a lively kick and honeyed finish. Around £9.99, Noel Young (01223 566744), D Byrne (01200 423152)
2011 Libre Cabernet Franc, Domaine Gayda, Pays d'Oc, IGP
Everything about this Med red is smart: sweet-pepper-tinged aromas lead into delicate herbs. £14.95-£15.99, Leon Stolarski (0115 952 9387), Cambridge Wine Merchants (01223 309 309)
Life & Style blogs
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Bahar Mustafa: Goldsmiths Students' Union diversity officer to keep her job after vote of no confidence petition fails
- 5 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
iJobs Food & Drink
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...