Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 13 April 2013
2010 Viñalba Patagonia Cabernet Merlot
The smoky aromas of this Argentinian Bordeaux-style blend leads into a glassful of ripe blackcurrant-sweet flavour framed by chocolatey oak. £6.99 down from £8.99, to 23 April, The Co-operative
2011 Peacock Ridge Chenin Blanc, South Africa
Expressive in peach and mango characters, the intense fruit quality has a lively kick and honeyed finish. Around £9.99, Noel Young (01223 566744), D Byrne (01200 423152)
2011 Libre Cabernet Franc, Domaine Gayda, Pays d'Oc, IGP
Everything about this Med red is smart: sweet-pepper-tinged aromas lead into delicate herbs. £14.95-£15.99, Leon Stolarski (0115 952 9387), Cambridge Wine Merchants (01223 309 309)
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...