Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 11 May 2013
2011 Tesco Finest Soave Classico
Unusually good soave for the price, an intense dry Italian white with ripe peachy scents and delicious apricoty fruit –gluggily juicy and moreishly dry. £7.99, Tesco
2008 Rioja Campo Aldea Gracian
Astonishingly aromatic, this pure, distinctive graciano-based red has a classic rioja feel to it, thanks to its dark fruit and gamey undertones. £12.99, Marks & Spencer
2010 Cape Mentelle Cabernet Merlot, Margaret River, Western Australia
There's a rich core of cassis fruit behind the smoky and cinnamon-spicy fragrance of this Cape Mentelle blend. £14.99, Majestic
Life & Style blogs
Holocaust Memorial Day: 70 years since Auschwitz liberation, these are the stories of survivors
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
Snapchat got rid of the Best Friends feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Food secrets: the good, the bad...and the faeces
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 4 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...