Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 18 May 2013
2012 Sauvignon Blanc, Vin de Pays du Val de Loire
An aromatic summery dry white whose herb and nettle scents are supported by a zesty green pepper and gooseberry fruit. £6.49, Marks & Spencer
2011 Zind Humbrecht Reserve Pinot Gris
A big wine from a giant Alsatian winemaker, intensely spicy and full-bodied with a spritz of honey-flecked apple and peach flavours. £14.99, buy 2 = £12.99, Majestic
2011 Conterno Fantino Langhe Nebbiolo Ginestrino, Langhe
This shows the classic floral fragrance of the nebbiolo grape with spice-tinged cherry and plum fruit. £17.49, Great Western Wine, Bath (01225 322810)
Presents unwrapped, turkey gobbled... it's time to relax
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings casting controversy: Ridley Scott would never cast 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion the Largest Independent Motor...