Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 18 May 2013
2012 Sauvignon Blanc, Vin de Pays du Val de Loire
An aromatic summery dry white whose herb and nettle scents are supported by a zesty green pepper and gooseberry fruit. £6.49, Marks & Spencer
2011 Zind Humbrecht Reserve Pinot Gris
A big wine from a giant Alsatian winemaker, intensely spicy and full-bodied with a spritz of honey-flecked apple and peach flavours. £14.99, buy 2 = £12.99, Majestic
2011 Conterno Fantino Langhe Nebbiolo Ginestrino, Langhe
This shows the classic floral fragrance of the nebbiolo grape with spice-tinged cherry and plum fruit. £17.49, Great Western Wine, Bath (01225 322810)
Life & Style blogs
The high-powered dream team trying to create a stiletto shoe as comfy as a trainer
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
Apple MacBook review: preposterously thin and extravagantly attractive, this is the best-designed laptop Apple has ever made
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen
- 4 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
- 5 Teen suffers embarrassing wardrobe malfunction in front of deputy PM
iJobs Food & Drink
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£28 - 45k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Accountant is needed to take control of the ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hotel in Chadderton is a p...