Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 25 May 2013
2011 Loimer Grüner Veltliner, Kamptal
Fresh, floral and fragrant with a peppery note, the purity of peach and apple fruit in this summery, dry bio-dynamic white gives it a citrus-crisp aftertaste. £14.50-£16, Morrisons
2010 Dog Point Pinot Noir, Marlborough, New Zealand
Behind the berry-fruit fragrance is a juicy mulberry and loganberry quality with a silky texture and mouthwatering freshness. £27.50, Berry Bros & Rudd
2010 Tesco Simply Garnacha, Bodegas Borsao
You only get 30p's worth of wine after tax and costs in a £5 bottle, but this bright Spanish Beaujolais-alike delivers a gluggy quaffability. £4.99, Tesco
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
Alien: Isolation preview - If you scream in space, it makes a sound
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Mac OS X Yosemite download: How to get the open beta of Apple's latest operating system
How to make your own gourmet ice lollies, granitas, slushy cocktails and frozen yoghurt
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...