Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 25 May 2013
2011 Loimer Grüner Veltliner, Kamptal
Fresh, floral and fragrant with a peppery note, the purity of peach and apple fruit in this summery, dry bio-dynamic white gives it a citrus-crisp aftertaste. £14.50-£16, Morrisons
2010 Dog Point Pinot Noir, Marlborough, New Zealand
Behind the berry-fruit fragrance is a juicy mulberry and loganberry quality with a silky texture and mouthwatering freshness. £27.50, Berry Bros & Rudd
2010 Tesco Simply Garnacha, Bodegas Borsao
You only get 30p's worth of wine after tax and costs in a £5 bottle, but this bright Spanish Beaujolais-alike delivers a gluggy quaffability. £4.99, Tesco
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...