Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 25 May 2013
2011 Loimer Grüner Veltliner, Kamptal
Fresh, floral and fragrant with a peppery note, the purity of peach and apple fruit in this summery, dry bio-dynamic white gives it a citrus-crisp aftertaste. £14.50-£16, Morrisons
2010 Dog Point Pinot Noir, Marlborough, New Zealand
Behind the berry-fruit fragrance is a juicy mulberry and loganberry quality with a silky texture and mouthwatering freshness. £27.50, Berry Bros & Rudd
2010 Tesco Simply Garnacha, Bodegas Borsao
You only get 30p's worth of wine after tax and costs in a £5 bottle, but this bright Spanish Beaujolais-alike delivers a gluggy quaffability. £4.99, Tesco
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...