Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 20 July 2013
2007 Lacroix, Bordeaux Supérieur
Château Teyssier's Jonathan Maltus is responsible for this sweetly cherryish claret with its underpinning of vanilla and chocolatey oak. Bargain. £7.99, buy 2 = £5.99, Majestic
2012 Sélection des Cognettes, Muscadet de Sèvre et Maine sur Lie
This seafood-friendly bone dry Atlantic white bursts on to the tongue with an energetic spritz and follows through like any textbook muscadet sur lie should. £9.95, Roberson
2010 Brancott Estate Chosen Rows Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
Pricey, but this pure expression of sauvignon blanc is exotically intense in its nettley fragrance and its rich gooseberry fruit quality. £35-41, Lay & Wheeler, Harvey Nichols
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
More than two thirds of smokers are killed by diseases caused by tobacco use, says study
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The best Oscar dresses of all time
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 The jihadi girls who went to Syria weren't just radicalised by Isis — they were groomed
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£25000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Partner is required to ...
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...