Wine: Something for the weekend?
2012 Domaine de Montval Syrah, PGI Pays du Gard
A vibrant southern French syrah in Crozes Hermitage mould showing milled pepper notes beneath a blackberryish fruit quality. £9,99, buy 2 = £6.99, Majestic
2011 Château du Gazin
This is a stylish modern blend displaying rich cassis fruit edged with chocolatety notes. Decant this excellent-value claret and tell guests it’s Lafite. £8.99, down from £11.99, until 29 Oct, Waitrose
2011 Rosso di Montalcino Fuligni Ginestreto
A mini-Brunello di Montalcino in style, this vivid Tuscan rosso is made from sangiovese with cherryish fruit defined by purity of texture and savoury freshness. £19.50, Lea & Sandeman (020-7244 0522)
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...