Wine: Something for the weekend?
2012 Domaine de Montval Syrah, PGI Pays du Gard
A vibrant southern French syrah in Crozes Hermitage mould showing milled pepper notes beneath a blackberryish fruit quality. £9,99, buy 2 = £6.99, Majestic
2011 Château du Gazin
This is a stylish modern blend displaying rich cassis fruit edged with chocolatety notes. Decant this excellent-value claret and tell guests it’s Lafite. £8.99, down from £11.99, until 29 Oct, Waitrose
2011 Rosso di Montalcino Fuligni Ginestreto
A mini-Brunello di Montalcino in style, this vivid Tuscan rosso is made from sangiovese with cherryish fruit defined by purity of texture and savoury freshness. £19.50, Lea & Sandeman (020-7244 0522)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...