Wine: Something for the weekend?
2012 Domaine de Montval Syrah, PGI Pays du Gard
A vibrant southern French syrah in Crozes Hermitage mould showing milled pepper notes beneath a blackberryish fruit quality. £9,99, buy 2 = £6.99, Majestic
2011 Château du Gazin
This is a stylish modern blend displaying rich cassis fruit edged with chocolatety notes. Decant this excellent-value claret and tell guests it’s Lafite. £8.99, down from £11.99, until 29 Oct, Waitrose
2011 Rosso di Montalcino Fuligni Ginestreto
A mini-Brunello di Montalcino in style, this vivid Tuscan rosso is made from sangiovese with cherryish fruit defined by purity of texture and savoury freshness. £19.50, Lea & Sandeman (020-7244 0522)
Life & Style blogs
Direct from the trenches: The objects that defined the First World War
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...