Wine: Something for the weekend
2011 Luigi Bosca Testimonio, Mendoza
This intensely flavoured Argentinian blend of cabernet sauvignon, syrah and tannat displays oodles of juicy ripe plum and mulberry fruit with an attractive veneer of spicy oak and deliciously savoury aftertaste. £13.99, buy 2 = £7.99, until 3 February, Majestic.
2012 Vent del Mar Garnacha Negra Syrah, Terra Alta, Bodegas Abanico
A new wave Spanish red combining garnacha with syrah to bring a powerful richness of blackberry fruitiness to a blend that's nicely rounded out by oak and etched with juicy acidity. £11.99, Laithwaites (08451947720).
2011 Bourgogne Blanc La Tufera, Domaine Etienne Sauzet
From one of white Burgundy's too producers, this is a cut off the Puligny Montrachet block, a rich complex peachy chardonnay showing a combination of elegant dry mineral character and barrel-fermentation-derived nuttiness on the aftertaste. £19.20 Jeroboams.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...