Wine: Something for the weekend
2011 Luigi Bosca Testimonio, Mendoza
This intensely flavoured Argentinian blend of cabernet sauvignon, syrah and tannat displays oodles of juicy ripe plum and mulberry fruit with an attractive veneer of spicy oak and deliciously savoury aftertaste. £13.99, buy 2 = £7.99, until 3 February, Majestic.
2012 Vent del Mar Garnacha Negra Syrah, Terra Alta, Bodegas Abanico
A new wave Spanish red combining garnacha with syrah to bring a powerful richness of blackberry fruitiness to a blend that's nicely rounded out by oak and etched with juicy acidity. £11.99, Laithwaites (08451947720).
2011 Bourgogne Blanc La Tufera, Domaine Etienne Sauzet
From one of white Burgundy's too producers, this is a cut off the Puligny Montrachet block, a rich complex peachy chardonnay showing a combination of elegant dry mineral character and barrel-fermentation-derived nuttiness on the aftertaste. £19.20 Jeroboams.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...