Wine: Something for the weekend
2011 Luigi Bosca Testimonio, Mendoza
This intensely flavoured Argentinian blend of cabernet sauvignon, syrah and tannat displays oodles of juicy ripe plum and mulberry fruit with an attractive veneer of spicy oak and deliciously savoury aftertaste. £13.99, buy 2 = £7.99, until 3 February, Majestic.
2012 Vent del Mar Garnacha Negra Syrah, Terra Alta, Bodegas Abanico
A new wave Spanish red combining garnacha with syrah to bring a powerful richness of blackberry fruitiness to a blend that's nicely rounded out by oak and etched with juicy acidity. £11.99, Laithwaites (08451947720).
2011 Bourgogne Blanc La Tufera, Domaine Etienne Sauzet
From one of white Burgundy's too producers, this is a cut off the Puligny Montrachet block, a rich complex peachy chardonnay showing a combination of elegant dry mineral character and barrel-fermentation-derived nuttiness on the aftertaste. £19.20 Jeroboams.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...